1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

HS Teams to watch in 2004

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NCBBallFan, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Original

Original Full Access Member

AGREED!

2. Chief

Chief Braves Assistant

Now Ms. Original, I have no idea what those guys are talking about, but I did notice you agreed with them. The only sand bagging I know of were the ones I had to use for my new pond in the backyard from all that rain.

You gotta watch that NC feller...he is a manipulative man...don't trust him!

3. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

West Henderson graduated 7 senior starters. Doubt we can win but a few games next year. :wink2:

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

....and the beat goes on

5. provfan

provfan Junior Member

What have u heard? Are these two leaving? I couldn't blame anybody for switching to a school where they have a decent baseball coach. I agree with statefan that we have talent, but the coaching situation has been terrible for years. Unless these guys get some quality coaching, they won't be successful. This year we had plenty of talent, but look at the results.

We've had too many players leave or quit because of the coach, first Neville, now Horniak. Our administration was too weak to get rid of Neville when they needed to. Now Horniak will continue to mess things up until they replace him with somebody who knows what thier doing.

6. phantom89

phantom89 Full Access Member

provfan...I will be the first to admit that Myers Park has benefitted from the "discontent" at Providence. Michael Smith was a huge addition to our team last season, both as a person and as a player. Any team would love having the opportunity to add a player with the abilities, heart and character of J.J. Rollins. You won't find any two players that are more fun to watch!
    Both of those guys played a large part(and JJwillcontinue to...)in the successes of the MP baseball program. MP is (as every school does)losing some players...but don't rule next year's team out too quickly!!! They are scrappers.

7. neckball

neckball Full Access Member

While we're on the subject of next year, has a new head coach for Independence been named yet? I heard Terry Stone from Myers Park was going to South Charlotte Middle School.

8. Chief

Chief Braves Assistant

Coltrane will be the baseball coach at Indy..

Prov---don't believe Phantom...MP recruited those guys :)

Seriously, there is a lot of speculation on the Providence Baseball coaching position. The current coach had a 1 year contract..there are some names floating around who are interested in that position, but until the position becomes open...I'm not going to speculate.

But, as always, Providence is stacked ..just waiting for somebody to lead them.

PS--- no..those two guys aren't leaving...but if they are interested...I know of a team that would embrace them :kiss:

9. phantom89

phantom89 Full Access Member

Now if that was true Alex Martin would have been wearing green years ago!!! Well, got to run... I have a full recruit...er...um...travel schedule for the rest of the week!

10. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

Rearing ugly heads!?!?!?

shame shame some of the folks on here show NO or little fortitude! No wonder....................