1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Huge Showcase Tourney at ECU

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BaseballMan, Sep 13, 2005.

1. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

Schedule change

Throw out the schedule I posted above for the small tourney at Pitt. By some strange coincidence, the Dirtbags 17u db have been allowed to play in the big tourney at ECU this weekend. This gives Impact a full compliment of teams in the tourney. Odd that the Cubs 16u team was not asked.

2. BaseballMan

BaseballMan Full Access Member

Monkey Business

Can anybody explain why the schedule for Greenville tourney got turned upside down? Game between Cubs and Dirtbags 18s was dropped and then the Dirtbags #3 team was put in the main draw. Seems awfully strange to me that the top two teams in NC have yet to play a game. I can assure you the Cubs did not dodge this game.

3. Red Bear

Red Bear Full Access Member

Maybe someone at ECU or the person making the schedule could answer. I doubt anyone here could give you anything but speculation. By the way, congrats to the Cubs on being named one of the top two teams in NC!
    :trophy:

4. Coach May

Coach May Full Access Member

Cubs 18 Dirtbags 18

Im not sure if that comment was made in jest or not. But if you have any doubts about the talent on that Cubs team you may want to come watch them play. Ive been around the game for a long time and I dont ever remember seeing a group more talented at this level. I also feel that the Dirtbags 18 are outstanding as well. All you have to do is look at the rosters of these two teams. Maybe they will meet up in Jupiter later in October who knows.

5. BaseballMan

BaseballMan Full Access Member

Dirtbags vs Cubs

Thats just it, Coach May. Personally I think the Dirtbags have more talent on their roster top to bottom. They certainly have recruited far and wide to get it. So why not play a team in your back yard that has the talent to give you a game. Why just keep beating up on the weaker showcase teams weekend after weekend.

6. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Whatever the rhyme or reason, when they meet it will be a heckuva game, I would bet my coaching supplement (now that's a laugh) on it. Incidentally, it isn't much, but I would bet most anything that it would be a great game to watch on both sides of the bleachers!!

7. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

BaseballMan...I don't think there is any type conspiracy for the "Dirtbags" and the "Cubs" not playing....I'm like Coach, when they meet I think it will be a heckuva game on both sides of the field.

One thing for sure it looks like North Carolina will be well represented in Jupiter, Fla with the "Cubs", "The Dirtbags" and the "OnDeck O's"....can't wait, should be some great baseball. :woohoo:

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yep...I would would get the most enjoyment because I don't care who wins. I would be cheering for the players on both teams. By the way, who did Alex White end up playing for?

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Perfect Games in Jupiter has never placed the NC teams in the same pool. The only way they could meet is to go deep in the playoffs

10. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Andy said last weekend that Alex is playing with the Dirtbags...I've not seen him yet but he is suppose to be at ECU this weekend.