1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

I-MECK CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by paidmydues, May 1, 2011.

1. Baseballdad12

Baseballdad12 Junior Member

I don't 'have a dog in the fight' (my son is a JV player), but I agree 100% regarding the game times. I would think a 5:30/8:30 (or even 5:00/8:00) double header would be reasonable and make more sense. It would give the players participating in both games a chance to play at a great facility in front of considerably more fans. I know I plan to be there to watch both games, although I will get to the I-Meck game late if it is starting at 4PM.

2. bbrksfan

bbrksfan Full Access Member

I agree Coach Hill
    This is nuts! 4 pm on a Monday.
    Try getting SW4A familes all the way across town at that time of day!
    You will have a mutiny!:N1respectHL:, not to mention an absilute fit...

This had to be a decision byt the AD's. They have any early bed time!

Please note that Parking is at a premium at Charlotte (They don't like be called UNCC, anymore)
    Get there early as there are very few parking spaces around the field.

Good Luck to All int he tournament!

3. bbrksfan

bbrksfan Full Access Member

Charlotte games this weekend:

Friday: 6pm
    Saturday: 2pm
    Sunday: noon

4. paidmydues

paidmydues Full Access Member

Come on I_MECK leadership........MAN UP!

This is a fairness issue!!
    Even a coin flip is more equitable than some "Administrators" deciding who plays at what time at UNCC. All 4 teams would want to play the 7pm game and not the 4pm game. Let's give everybody a fair shot!!!
    Otherwise, I believe an explanation is owed about who and how the decision was made. Politics..:beatdeadhorse5:
    Politics....Politics???
    Come on, now, it is not complicated....:bulb:... One coin flip and the conference that wins the flip gets to pick their game time. WHY NOT?????? Someone ought to step up and speak for the I_MECK!..:hang::sign0096:

5. Shutout18

Shutout18 Full Access Member

I like the idea of the 5 and 8. But I dont think I would change the SW4A game to the early game. I know the young men in the IMECK work just as hard and want their time to shine. I agree, but at the same time when you have a AK and Providence game (2 nationally ranked teams) that would be the primetime game. Note I have no dog in this I don't even live in Charlotte.

But that is how I see it. Also how long has the SW4A had their championship at UNCC? If it has been for more than a year that could be why as well.

6. DirtyMoBaseball

DirtyMoBaseball Full Access Member

Three points come to mind quickly.
    1. If we are fortunate enough to make it I will fina a way to be there, but it should not be set up to cause parents problems.

2. I would attend if we didn't make it to see and post about the game, however, it is not worth missing time at work fo if we do not make it.

3. I guess we are the JV game that night, no they wouldn't start till at least 4:30. I guess we cannot start an inning after 6:00 so as not to make the varsity game late.

7. pirates05

pirates05 baseball-lifer

Just heard changes for tournament.
    Thursday- Rd1 @ higher seed
    Friday-Rd2 @ Hopewell 4:30 and 7
    Monday- Championship @ Charlotte 5pm

8. DirtyMoBaseball

DirtyMoBaseball Full Access Member

5 is a little better, but still hard for parents and friends to attend

9. Diamond Rat

Diamond Rat Full Access Member

Well...no disrespect to the SW4A, I definitely respect their teams, coaches, and abilities on all ends, but this makes me feel like I play for the red-headed step child..

10. paidmydues

paidmydues Full Access Member

I STILL SAY FLIP A COIN!!!

If a coin flip offends some folks, I would rather see the I-MECK championship game at 7pm at the home of the higher seed than play at 4 or 5 pm at UNCC. Many of these kids will play all summer long at better venues than UNCC. I have already spoken to some players and UNCC is not that big a deal to them.
    It seems like the decision makers here are saying "BOHICA" to the I-MECK conference. "Bend over, here it comes again".
    Thanks,