1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

I-MECK STANDINGS

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by bigstars, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Low & Slow

Low & Slow Full Access Member

The I-MECK games are fun to watch, much for the same reason that the SW4A games are so much fun......many of the players grew up together and played together or against each other for many years. It's fun to see travel or showcase teammates go at each other (pitcher vs. hitter). Whoever figured out how good it would be to pull Mooresvile and Lake Norman into conference matchups with N.Meck, Hopewell, and Mallard Creek deserve some thanks!

Lake Norman's success as state titleists is baseball and now basketball adds fuel to the fire as they have bragging rights north of Charlotte, so there is more than their natural rivalry with Mooresville. Hopewell and North Meck (and Lake Norman and Mooresville) have the same basis for rivalry that Providence and Ardrey Kell do.....rivalry formed from a new school being built and taking students and athletes from one to populate the other.

But, rivalry is not enough. Talent is required to make the baseball stew tasty, and they have it in bunches in the northern part of Mecklenburg and Iredell County.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Exactly right L&S....great points. The I-Meck has become so much stronger since MECA with the addition of LN and Mooresville. I wish they had a conference tournament.

3. Boys of Summer

Boys of Summer Junior Member

Huge Week For Lake Norman. They Face Mallard Creek on Tuesday and Hopewell on Friday. I think they have to win at least one to stay in contention for conference title. Mallard Creek is playing great ball and 1 thru 9 they can swing sticks, 1 thru 4 they may be fastest group in state. Biggest question is their pitching deep enough. Hopewell has awaken offensively and there is no questions about their pitching. Lake Norman has work cut out for them this week!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010