1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Ideas- Increasing The Number of High School Games Allowed In A Week

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Bmac1, Dec 28, 2006.

1. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

exactly......and a few Fall sports too!!:frown:

2. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

IMO I think most girls in NC do play HS ball. Places like Cal. the girls skip HS ball, & play TB all yr round.Also I believe most HS coaches do not let their girls play TB, while HS ball is going on cause of injuries, so I don't think many pitchers throw all week, & do TB on weekend. That would just wear an arm out doing this.Most 18u tours do not get cranked up till after state anyway.One thing, HS ball gets the girls ready for TB. But I think 1 weekend tour for HS ball would not hurt a thing, only help.

3. cfastpitch44

cfastpitch44 Full Access Member

Good Post

Good Post!

4. bbfan

bbfan Full Access Member

Suggestion:

Set a limit only on the number of dates that preceeded a school day.
    Let schools schedule double headers, and use holidays, Fridays and Saturdays any way they want,

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Again...there are a few things you must keep in mind. In order for public schools to play on Saturday (or 4 games a week) they must pay an extra game for umpires and have the AD in attendance if it's a home game. Schools don't want to pay for the extra game of umpires and AD's don't want to work on Saturdays.

I'm all in favor of Saturday games and have pushed it with the AD's that I know, but they absolutely refuse to do that, except for an endowment game. They don't want to sacrifice their family time; and the budgets for spring sports are nominal at best.

I've been butting my head for 5 years to get this changed.

6. Bmac1

Bmac1 Full Access Member

I believe Reagan HS had 2 games last year on Saturday and have scheduled a few more this year. It just makes sense in the fact more people are able to attend (larger gate to pay the umpires) and teams could play a double header. I think Reagan plays one of their Saturday games as part of some type of spring festival or something.

7. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

confused??

what 's all the hullabaloo about? there are already HS tournaments during the regular season. yes, we have also played in that W. Brunswick" beach" HS softball tournament the last 2 yr's during spring break ( and won it both yr's!). I just know about the eastern NC mostly, and I know there's usually a spring break tourn. at Greenville each year.

maybe folks don't won't their spring break taken up w/ softball, but there are definitely tourn's that can be entered.

8. CanAmMan

CanAmMan Full Access Member

How can you call them tournaments when you can only play 4 games?

9. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

4 games was enough, but could have been played in a couple of days instead of 3-4 days.

10. egfan

egfan Full Access Member

I don't understand. How many games must be played for it to officially be called a tournament?