1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

If you are a Senior and have not Committed....

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by frankfulton, Nov 19, 2008.

1. frankfulton

frankfulton Banned From TBR

If you are a senior and have not committed to college I want to share this bit of information with you. I have the honor of offering senior baseball athletes the opportunities to participate in the first World Uncommitted Showcase at Ft. Myers, Florida on January 3-4. This will be a great opportunity for seniors who have blossomed late or who have competed in other fall sports but missed out on fall baseball exposure.

If an athlete or athlete's parent is interested in the details please call me at 434 489 4544 and I will provide you with information on the event.

I have six children of my own, five boys and one girl. We have been through the showcase scene, high school scene, and one of my boys plays with the Florida Marlins' Organization. So I feel very confident that I can provide you with good direction regarding the networking process.

Thank you and I will be looking forward to your reply.

Frank

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  2. PlayLaughLive

PlayLaughLive Play the Game

You Should Look at Brad Collins

Brad Collins is a young man playing at Weddington that is an unsigned senior that somebody smart will pick up soon... He has worked unbelievably hard to come back from an ankle injury (dropped over 25 pounds with working out and diet after the injury) and will make some coach look very smart for signing him...

3. bigal

bigal Full Access Member

I'll second that...

I've seen Brad Collins paly multiple games and I second the prior post which touts his abilities. Brad is a consistant hitter and moves well at 1b. Great attitude. Great work ethic. I've seen him play at Weddington HS and with The SC Cougars on the showcase level. He's very productive. He'll be a steal.

4. BaseballBuzz

BaseballBuzz Full Access Member

Hi Frank!

Welcome to TBR! You're going to like it here. We met last year when my son was involved in Gloves for Peace - how's that going by the way? Thanks for the info for unsigned seniors - I'm sure you'll have some takers here.

5. iheartbaseball1

iheartbaseball1 Junior Member

Overman

What about chis overman from myers park, i would imagine he has to be one of the top unsigned seniors out there..

6. Toomy B

Toomy B Junior Member

Hello Frank

I think Ryan Carter from Davie County would be a good asset to any team. Good pitcher, outfielder, and hitter.

7. Kevin11

Kevin11 Full Access Member

Another one.......

Tyler Vaughn.......Hayesville High School.......Hayesville NC
    MIF, Catcher

In my honest opinion, may be the best hitter in NC that noone has ever heard of. Kid can play and loves it.

8. NCMtnBBDad

NCMtnBBDad NCMtnBBDad

Is January 3-4 a dead or quiet period in recruiting? It usually is.

9. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Whats up Frank?

Coach May here. Glad you finally made your way onto this site. Good to see your still at it.

10. frankfulton

frankfulton Banned From TBR

Thanks for updates and leads on players

I appreciate the updates and leads on players. This is my first time on the forum and I really think this is COOL!! I am a former head baseball and football coach from the college and high school ranks. I have spent many years working with players and developing teams for competition. Recruiting has always been fun and now I am working with Perfect Game USA to help network young men into college and professional baseball through the showcases and advanced tournaments.

We have started the uncommitted showcase during the January time slot because there are a number of late bloomers or football playing baseball players who miss out on the fall showcase scene. And even though a "Quiet Period " exist the Perfect Game Staff continues to evaluate and network the players on a great website that is nationally known and utilized. Their evaluations are respected and they serve as door openers for the athletes who put their goods on the line.

It will be my great honor to help all athletes who have been overlooked or limited in networking. Just send my phone number to these boys or have them contact me directly at 434 489 4544. My email is [email protected].

And if anyone needs a reference on me I will be more than happy to share. As I mentioned earlier I was the Head Baseball Coach at Hampden-Sydney College, the Head Football Coach at Averett College, the Head Coach for the German National Baseball Program, and have served Virginia for many years in the High School arenas of football, baseball, and basketball as a math teacher and varsity/jv coach.

It has been a joy for me to serve over the past 30 years and I welcome the opportunity to serve North Carolinians in the same manner.

Thanks and I will be looking forward to all your notes, questions, and concerns.

Frank