1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

If you could change anything in HS baseball

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

What are friends for

Amazing how Coach volunteered to lift me up...... BUT he does it in such a strange manner!!

Attached Files:

2. Diesel1

Diesel1 Stay Strong, Uncle Sam.

Not much I would change. A few of the aforementioned items I would agree with. Many of the gripes or changes mentioned are easily rectified at the team level by team rules.

The one thing that annoys me and seems to have no place in USA High School Baseball (maybe in the Dominican) is the cowbell. Ban the cowbell. (Yes, artificial noise makers are banned by NCHSSA, but rarely enforced.)

OK, I am a compromising kinda guy... hit a dinger... go nuts, clang the bell... but for every bleeding base hit, leprechaun fart or duck snort...c'mon

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  3. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Since O'lefty started it

I will add a few more.

Extended coaches signals from the 3B dugout with 2 out , no one on , 3-2 count. What kind of signal are you giving him? Really? What the heck are you doing?

Guys that step out after every pitch is thrown. And umpires that allow them to do it.

Coaches that shake your hand and tell you "Man that was a great HS baseball game. Both teams deserved to win it." And when they lose "Those umpires were horrible."

Posters that post "We beat ******** 3-2 and our guys played a great game." And when they lose "The umpires were terrible." I have yet to see anyone give credit to the umpires for a win. Why do they always seem to give them credit when they lose?

I have never had to tell a player to breathe air or they will die. Then why should you have to tell a ball player that he needs to hustle?

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Can we bang the parent in the head with a pan every time they yell, "Good eye" when the son takes a pitch that was 3 feet over his head?

or the parent (obviously, the pitcher's parent) that screams "great pitch" before the ball is halfway to the plate.

or Redsouthpawmom's favorite: The parent yelling at the hitter, "wait on it" Translation: The pitcher's FB is slow

5. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!

I hate that damn thing!!!

6. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

Great call on the Cowbell! The fans in St. Pete (Rays) shake those damn things all game long. Those are almost as bad as the plastic coke bottle
    with pop corn seeds or rocks in them!

7. RedSoxFan

RedSoxFan Full Access Member

Here's the link Gman referenced..... Some pretty interesting stories reference the fans...

http://collegebaseball.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2308&tid=118540918&mid=118540918&sid=1169&style=2

8. Bonsway

Bonsway Full Access Member

Ok...THIS is hysterical...

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

Christopher Walkin is the master. I rolled when I read this....

I'm getting a cowbell to ring at games just to annoy you all...in honor of Christopher Walkin!!

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

As bad as some people perceive the welcoming party at USC is, it's nothing like it used to be. The buildings alongside the field is called the Roost. It's where most athletes stayed. It was nothing to have the whole football team attend games after visiting their rooms for cocktails. Those guys could get pretty creative in welcoming the visiting teams...and please don't let them find a player that reacted to their nonsense. They were the original Cameron Crazies

10. Bonsway

Bonsway Full Access Member

I mean..isn't crowd noise part of it? Are the players so sensitive they can't stand a little ribbing? What about when a basketball player shoots an airball and EVERY time he gets the ball after, the crowd (in HS and college) yells "AIRRRR BALLLL AIRRR BALLLLL." I mean...rising above all of that and still performing is the key, isn't it?