1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

IMPACT 18u World Series

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Dawgswood, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I saw that Hurricane team. They had this one guy that appeared to be 7'8" and went about 250 and could mash the ball...and he had good speed. I didn't get his name, but he was very impressive. I believe he went to Cape Fear. In fact their whole team was impressive.

2. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

I believe

your talking about the Collins boy. I think he is going to UNCA. He pitched against us (08's). He kept us off balance the whole game with a variety of off speed stuff. And they played some great defense behind him. The two guys I was most impressed with on that team were Cam Freeman and Seth Maness. Both of these guys are headed to ECU next year. These kids can flat out play. Freeman is a heck of an athlete and can flat out play the game. I understand he was named the MVP of the East West game. With Sowers , Simmons , Whitehead , Mincey and a few others coming in next year I think Coach Godwin hit the mother load at ECU as far as recruiting. The canes are very good and they play hard. They really seem to enjoy playing together as well. I will probaly get another look at them this weekend at their tourney at ECU. If we play they I'll get that Seth Simmons boy ready to go. That kid is dirtyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

3. Dawgswood

Dawgswood Full Access Member

I think maybe you're a little sensitive at 12:11 am late at night.

4. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Thank you

See I really am a sensitive person.

5. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Your sensitivity kills me Coach :eek: :yawn: :devil:

Have a GREAT ONE!!!

6. BaseballBuzz

BaseballBuzz Full Access Member

Regarding the dirt in the eye

My son was the left fielder who caught the ball that bounced off the top of the fence. I told him about the "dirt in the eye" comment here. He laughed and said, "tell him to go look at the huge dent in the yellow corrugated tubing on the fence left by that ball." It bounced up and back into play. Also, I heard others say it bounced off the scoreboard. There is a net in front of the scoreboard that prevents that from happening. They got it right.

I can personally attest to the sensitivity of Coach May.:tears3:

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Flowers are in the mail

8. hitittome

hitittome Full Access Member

That was Bryan Collins and he is going to UNCA. I believe Justin Thompson pitched against the 07 Dirtbags and was relieved by Aaron Atkinson. That game was a pretty good game. The Dirtbags got the hits when they needed them and the Canes left too many on base. It was great to see some of the guys play that will be making an impact for some of the schools throughout the east coast. Who were the two guys that pitched for the Dirtbags when they played the North Canes? Both had some really nasty stuff.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  9. deuce

deuce Full Access Member

Patrick Johnson(UNC) and Seth Simmons(ECU)