1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Impact Baseball Breaking News

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Stretchlon, Sep 9, 2008.

1. NCbsbller

NCbsbller Junior Member

??

Maybe he wants to get two years in the program before Narron arrives in 2010.

2. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

Working 41 years??? Man I could have way more money than that with a combined total income of $48,000 and have plenty more than 1.8 million in only 30 years. People dont know how to invest their money. They get suckered into Life policies and thinking whole life is the way to go. They get suckered into no interest on cars, yea right please they will screw you over buying a new car. There is no difference between a person making $250,000 and blowing it all or a person making $48,000 and blowing it all. The guy with more money will have more to show but in the end they both have no money. The problem is people see all these athletes with these fancy and expensive cars but they have like 5 cars which makes no sense to me because you can only drive one car. But if you know what the market what it has to offer, you can be finanfically secure when you retire instead of working til your 80 because SS had dried up and you don't get your check so you have to wrok.

That website is great but you will not see all the money you entered into the the info boxes. Get a credit card and you will not see it for sure because every time you get a check your paying off a credit card. Buy a new car will also help you not see any of that money because your paying car payments. Buy a house that cost to much and get fired and let the bank foreclose your house or still get foreclosed because you can't afford the house.

3. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Just responded

to the part about money that goes though the hands. One hopes that any kid drafted or in college uses their head for more than a hat rack with money. But, 99.9% of us do not. I think Levi has used his at this point. So, goes to school early, so not much playing time, so what. He is doing something that most will not. Going!!!!!! I know one kid got a deal at a D-2 school (one that will go D-1 in a few years IMO). Thing is he gets there then lose the desire. Gives up the scholarship and becomes just a student. His choice.

Added http://www.bls.gov/data/ Need a job?????

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  4. olefty

olefty Full Access Member

ncsballer -

that's the smartest speculation I have heard on here in a while!

Conner Narron is the whole package. But he is a legit pro prospect out of high school where as Micheals is not, so micheals may end up starting any ways when Narron doesn't go to college.

5. Plate Dad

LM will be a starter and a player. He was before the Dirtbags and will be after. This is a kid that is living his dream. Forget who is going when. If he gets the spot. It will take a pro to take it.

6. olefty

olefty Full Access Member

I am not arguing that Micheals won't start. That's what I said in the first place. You can bet your dungarees this is damage control for the fox staff. They weren't happy with their lack of depth at the SS position last season or their offensive production at the position. Micheals brings a bit of both.

Is he as good as Narron? Not today, tomorrow, or ten years from now. Will Narron ever show up on campus as a student? we'll see in about 23 months. Will he beat out Micheals if he does? No, but now they have the ability to play one at short and the other at third. That's one nice left side of the infield.

The whole point of my last couple of comments is that Micheals is losing out on a senior season. Not a draft slot. He is no josh horton and we all know he wasn't a draft guy out of high school but turned into something very special.

7. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

99.9% of us do not? So Levi is the only .1% who does use his head? How is it when he gets money to his name or goes off with teammates for a night on the town? I know he may have good character but lets not jump the gun.

8. Plate Dad

99.9% was speak of the general population with money. I was refering to Levi using his head in regrads to going to school. And you see in my post I said one "HOPES". No one really knows how anyone will react.

9. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

The kid is the real deal

Levi has worked very hard and has earned his spot. Tomorrow you will see him in the starting lineup. The kid is Legit. Going to be fun seeing the kid get after it.

10. ncsu82

ncsu82 Full Access Member

ROY

ACC Rookie of the Year.....print it!