1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Impact Baseball Breaking News

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Stretchlon, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Gman13'sdad

Gman13'sdad Full Access Member

he reminds me a lot of Brian Roberts "back in the day". Brian had some critics back then but has obviously proven them all wrong.

Good luck to all the guys starting their college careers tomorrow!

2. Gman13'sdad

Gman13'sdad Full Access Member

Levi is about the size of one of Landon's legs!

3. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

well the way i see it. he has made HIS choice. he is a very hard worker and a great young man. i wish him nothing but luck and success in his future. he is a great competitor unc is lucky to have him, even if he never gets a hit, or fields a ground ball in the 4 years he is there.

4. baseballfan46

baseballfan46 Member

Every thing in life is a choice and obviously he is doing what he wants to do...I have to wonder how happy, deep down, his hs coach was...he lost a top player in his senior season...I have to wonder how smart that was to leave your school, miss half your senior year, and not graduate with your friends... but again, if this is what is making him happy then good luck to him. Hope he has no regrets. Living under a microscope is hard.

5. 007

007 Full Access Member

According to the season preview, Michael and Gore are competing for the 2b job and whoever finishes second will play right field. Cavs is the CF but also
    3rd on the depth chart at second. Kyle Seager has moved to 3b and Graepel will be at short. Ackley will be at first until his arm gets back to full strength then will go to the OF.
    Musical chairs anyone ?
    Home opener today at the new and improved Bosh !

6. MClements

MClements Full Access Member

Opening Day

Looking forward to opening day - check out all the action online at the diamond heels forums at www.insidecarolina.com

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Thanks for the link...a lot of us will be there, but it will be nice to follow when we aren't

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

So Cavii is starting in CF?...Man, that's great!

9. 007

007 Full Access Member

Opening day report

Levi Michael wearing #1 was the first baserunner (HBP) and also scored the first run at the new Bosh. Fittingly, Dustin Ackley collected the first hit and Alex White recorded the first K. Garret Gore had the first RBI and if I'm not mistaken, also had the first exploding bat, whose separated barrell nearly hit VMI starter Travis Smink.

If 2b Michael was nervous, it sure didn't show, reaching base in each of his first three AB's, (HBP-single-BB).

Alex White was hit hard and did not appear to have his normal command, but he did a tremendous job working out of trouble.

Ackley shifted form 1b to cf late in the game, so he might be ahead of schedule as far as his arm being strong enough for the OF.

Stadium improvements-nice,concession prices-absurd.

10. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Saw game 2 today, Levi played well today, very solid, my wife couldnt believe he was an early graduate playing in his first semester. VMI hung in there, but costly outfield errors doomed them today in a bid for a major upset. The VMI atarting pitcher was solid but the errors killed them.

Back to Levi - I sense the makings of a great career at Carolina.

BTW... Concession prices are outrageous for what you get. Drink prices are to be expected, but $3 for a snickers bar and $5 for a BBQ sandwich that was mostly bread.... wow!!

The facility is really nice though!!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009