1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Impact Baseball?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BB2005, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I believe Andy discussed this during his TBR Interview.

2. Coach May

Coach May Full Access Member

I dont agree with all of the rankings. I dont agree with all the Best LHP of the 06 class etc. But look what Impact has done for baseball in NC. Andy has given tons of kids an opportunity to showcase their abilities in front of college coaches over the last few years. He has given baseball people a place where they can go and read stories about players not only from their area but across the state and even in SC and VA. Are there going to be people upset because someone got left off or overlooked (of course). But before Impact started up everyone was left off and overlooked. I dont know about your areas but around here Raleigh Durham area HS baseball is barely covered. I think Andy does a great job promoting High School baseball and the players. If he makes living at it great. He deserves to because he works very hard at what he does. As far as his credentials what difference does it make what they are. I could careless what level he played at. He reports on the game and he puts the spotlight on the players and anything that does that is good.

3. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Rankings, best hitters, best pitchers etc will always be 2nd guessed. Many of our posters agree that even "Baseball America" should have included more NC players on their best of the best list.

Andy works hard to get his players in front of the right people and I appreciate the work his does for the boys. Does it really matter how is "BIO" reads...the important thing is, he does a great job of getting the players names in front of the people that count.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  4. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

Andy does a great job promoting players on a regional basis and from what I've observed does a very good job in recognizing talent. In most cases when particular players are mentioned over and over again there's a reason.....they're simply that good. Andy talks to a lot of people and when a player reaches a certain level it's usaully because there's a concensus regarding their ability. Rankings are subjective, and if asked, I'm sure we would each come up with a slightly different list. I'm not really familiar with Andy's background, but I do know that he surrounds himself with some very knowledgeable baseball people and runs a quaility organization.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  5. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

I can offer nothing but positive things about Andy. I have know Andy since he was a coach at Riverside High School in Durham. He has an eye for good players, because he has gone out and looked at players and has learned by seeing. He is wel informed, and of course he will offer attention to those who a part of the Impact program, because of the investments on the part of his players and him. However, he does rate other players too, but I believe him to have good integrity and I am glad he is promoting baseball in NC.

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I know people will have other opinions about Andy's selections....and that's great! That's one of the good things about polls and such. They are only opinions and really don't mean very much except to give us an opportunity to disagree :D

But I would like to make a point about Andy on a personal level. I have met a lot of people in my short life, but there isn't anybody I hold to a higher degree of respect for their honesty, trust and loyalty than Andy Partin. The man does a lot behind the scenes that has very little to do with baseball to help parents and their kids....and most people will never know it.

I'll share a secret with you though. The real intelligence behind the Impact organization is not Andy.................

It's his beautiful wife, Tracy!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  7. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

That all sounds right except the short life part!

8. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

DB ... you know Braves .... he sandbags about EVERYTHING !!!!! :math:

9. itsinthegame

itsinthegame Full Access Member

Geeze - some of you folks are hard on Andy IMO.

I think he does a great job of getting very good ballplayers recognition.
    A reasonable person would have to assume that it takes a great deal of effort and dedication to do what he has done - and continues to do.
    Being a newcomer here - I certainly am glad that someone like Andy exists and has the desire to put himself in the position he has. Net net - the kids gain. Noone should really care about what the parents or casual observers think IMO.

You may not agree with his cumulative assessments - but really - so what?
    You are just a fan with no similar committment.

When you put yourself in a position - like Andy has - then you have a right to whine IMO. Otherwise - you should just enjoy the talent you watch.

For all the players - When all the rankings are booked - and all the newspaper articles are written - the only thing that will matter will be whether the player hits the ball well - catches everything - throws it quickly and accurately and pitches it like a gamer.

If you dont - you will be gone. Soon.

It really is that simple. Rankings or no rankings.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  10. watcher

watcher Full Access Member

Andy Who?

I don't know ANDY, I've never even heard of him but I'd like to add my 2 cents.

Any publicity for any player is good publicity, it gets the kid's name out there and creates interest with the folks who will take him to the next level.
    If Andy wasn't there talking about these kids, "who would be"?

It really shouldn't matter to most of the players if Dracula or the Grinch was creating a buzz about them as long as there was some buzz in the pipeline.

Looking over players that are deserving will always happen to some degree. If Andy misses a deserving young player, approach him, tell him, and he'll probably take a look. That is all any player can ask for, "take a look at me" watch my game and tell me what you think.

The main question in most players minds is "Do you think I'm good enough for the next level?"

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005