1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Impact Baseball?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BB2005, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Prepster

Prepster Full Access Member

I would simply like to second EVERYTHING that appears in DodgerBlues' earlier post (including Braves' original quote).

2. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Ya know folks ...

There's nothing wrong with expressing your own opinion of first team/2nd team/third team players ....

Don't wait for someone else to mention the player you think deserves the ink. Jump on in there. The person you are waiting to come see him might have his car in the shop (like me)......

I've never completely agreed with any poll or list that I've seen. I wanted to see Matt Holt, Zack Rosenbaumn, Drew Poulk just to name a few ... On the mound, Sam Pierce is a high 80's guy who can bump 90.

So .... everyone .... give us your list ... It may be the only way we hear about the players

3. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

I know the baseball program at Mooresville does'nt turn many heads and we dont have any superstars, just a bunch of grunts who love to play the game. I have a small list of players who some smaller schools may be interested in seeing.....

Justin Ogle (Jr.) - already getting some looks from a few D1 schools. this kid aint big at all but has serious skills and can hit with power.
    Caleb Diggs (Sr.) - this kid has flown under the radar but is 6'2" and can fly. he plays a good outfield and rarely fans at the plate. led the Blue Devils in many offensive categories last season as a junior.
    Matt Skidmore (Sr.) - also tall, has good control on the hill and can swing with power. great baseball IQ to go along with the skills.
    Justin West (Sr.) - great utility player who can pitch and hit the long ball too. not a big guy but is surprisingly strong, has all the tools to add value to any team.

This is probably as much ink as you'll see on these Mooresville players but here it is. Thanks.

4. ss-05

ss-05 Full Access Member

I think the last ten posters have said it all. Coach May hit the nail on the head. Before Impact Baseball all of the players were overlooked and ignored.
    When I look at his 3 All Impact teams I see 32 seniors, 29 signed with D-1 programs. The other 3 could be wearing pro uniforms before the year is over.The 29 signed players represent approx. 16 different schools. That tells me that 16 d-1 coaches agree with Andy Partin on the value of these kids. Now are there some deserving kids left off, sure there are. Could we assemble 3 more quality teams, no doubt. Have you ever talked to a triple A player that didn't feel he should be in the majors? Most of them could be, there just wasn't room.
    Andy does't spend a lot of time defending himself, he is alot like the dirtbag players he loves to write about. He goes about his business, he works hard and if someone notices thats fine and if they don't that is fine also, he wasn't working for their approval anyway. BTW if there is somone out there that is more qualified than Andy, come forward, he probably would hire you. Beware you might have to drive 50000 miles a year, live off of ball park hot dogs, wait until your next showcase to get paid, read 150 e-mails a day, then listen to a bunch of s--- why you couldn't do enough for everybody. Any takers?

5. NCBBallFan

I love it .... you sure ate your Wheaties today !!!!!!!!! :agreed: :guns:

6. baseballmom34

baseballmom34 Full Access Member

There is some awesome talent in the MVAC. How should we promote players and hopefully give them the opportunity to be seen? Locations in the MVAC are at best off the beaten path, but hey there just might be that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! I invite everyone to checkout the MVAC! Thanks!

7. NCBBallFan

Now that's a GREAT question.... I hope everyone chimes in ...

We interviewed a college coach a few years back. Let me paste in one of his responses. The question was "Do you do more scouting at Legion games or at weekend showcases?" Here was his response

Use that as a first guideline. The players need to go where the coaches are. The Impact ID showcases are inexpensive (about $60.00) and can start the process of being seen. Attending one of the larger showcase events as an individual (Impact, Blue-Gray, Perfect Game) will also get a player seen.

The old adage "If you can play, they will find you" only holds for the absolute top players, the read "STUDS". You have to market yourself to the colleges and the showcases are the route to go currently. That may change down the road, but for now, it holds true.

Another related question was "What's the best way to be seen by you?" Obviously this will vary slightly from college to college, but here was his response. It will generally hold true.

I sure hope that helps ...

8. Coach36

Coach36 Full Access Member

Who are the MVAC players you are referring to? Those schools are out of the way, but some important people on here may be watching and you get their name out there.

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

:agreed: ...so true. I wish I could post the name of all the coaches and scouts that frequent this site, but trust me in saying there are many

10. baseballmom34

baseballmom34 Full Access Member

Many thanks NCBBallFan & Braves! Living in a rural area of North Carolina does limit ones awareness and options when it comes to recruiting, showcases etc. My desire is to get the word out to as many MVAC players as possible. While I have several names in mind I do not feel qualified to pass such judgement and fear I could possibly leave someone out. I am going to make sure every coach in the MVAC is aware of this site and perhaps they will use it as a tool and can gain some insight into the process. Our High School (Forbush) was honored with a preseason #1 ranking from Impact for Division 2A. Two of our seniors have already signed and we have several other athletes that I feel will take their game to the next level. West Caldwell and Hibriten also have several stand-outs. As the season progresses I should be able to offer up some names. Until then just keep the MVAC in mind, and keep delivering the great information!

Hey, living in the sticks ain't all bad, we know how to throw a pig-pickin and there's nothing better than a hot chicken stew on a cold day!

Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005