1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

impact pitcher catcher showcase 1-22

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BASEBALL IS FUN!, Jan 9, 2005.

1. BASEBALL IS FUN!

BASEBALL IS FUN! Junior Member

My son, a catcher, was invited to the impact p/c showcase 1/22/05 at Elon.
    Does anyone have any experience of this event in the past. Do the catchers get benefit from this or are they there just to catch the pitchers?

2. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Top catchers are very rare. It's an honor to be invited. The turnout is good among the pro scouts for the event and they pay close attention to technique and abilities.

I saw the event last year. Every one of the catchers who were there signed to play in college. It's the first time the pro's are going to really pay attention to the pitchers/catchers this season. They will be making out their follow lists and planning the first couple weeks of the season for games based on what they see.

I'll be back again this season .... it's a lot of fun to watch. (I'll be hiding in the corner)

3. PhoenixDad

PhoenixDad Member

It's worthwhile. The scouts are about 3-4 feet from the catchers ... they get a great view of their technique and abilities. There will also be some D2 & D3 coaches at the event.

Tell him to keep his ears open. You never know what they are going to be talking about behind him.

4. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

BASEBALL IS FUN, that's good advice from NC and PhoenixDad. If your guy got an invite......DON'T MISS IT.......if at all possible. I was there last year and got to see a lot of good catchers making good pitchers look GREAT. I'm going to hate missing it this year.....gotta work.....of all things. :D:D:D

5. NCBBallFan

Hey BigFormy ...

I see your name on the roster. Are you going to make it to Elon this weekend?

6. bigformy

bigformy Member

I will be there, how have you been?

7. NCBBallFan

Been fine, just busy. Looking forward to seeing some guys play catch this weekend. Maybe I'll see you there. (I'll be hiding in the corner).

8. BASEBALL IS FUN!

BASEBALL IS FUN! Junior Member

the pitchers/catchers showcase was well run,well attended by scouts,and fun to watch for the parents. my son got to see how he stacked up against the elite players at his position.

9. ss-05

ss-05 Full Access Member

There was a NCBBallFan siting at Elon this weekend. I have posted earlier that this man could be the smartest guy that I have never met. Well that is over, because I got to meet him this weekend. What a treat! Wish him well he was on his way to New Jersey in the blizzard. I might be the last guy to ever see him!!! Its dangerous to go to New Jersey in August much less Jan.
    On a serious note, he contributes so much useful information to this board, its not the same without him.

10. 3play

3play Full Access Member

For those who attended, who had an impresive showing?