1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

impact pitcher catcher showcase 1-22

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BASEBALL IS FUN!, Jan 9, 2005.

1. baseballseverywhere

baseballseverywhere Junior Member

I have watched many athletes play throughout the south east and strongly in NC. It does seem to me that the Impact website is a strong way to get promoted.... But I feel that some of the baseball players that are getting recruited by these big colleges are not as solid and sound as some of the other players in the state. I have felt that players in the lower A's in high school such as 1A and 2A are not looked at as much and alot of great talent is being left out. Seems to me that Impact looks to 4A and 3A more than he looks to promote the smaller schools, why is that? Does anyone feel the same? or Different?

Nothing again Impact, they do a good job

2. ss-05

ss-05 Full Access Member

I have sent my son to the Impact Events for the last 3 years and I can't say I have seen this at all. Andy doesn't need me to speak for him but he could care less what size high school a player goes to. I have seen Andy promote players that have never been to any of his events. He simply looks for talented players where ever they are. He realized last year that he couldn't see every kid in the state and every kid couldn't come to his larger showcasess so he set up these one day I.D. camps all over the state. Take advantage of it and go to them. Andy also covers the State Games which includes players from all over the state. So if your guy is in the State games he will get seen also.
    My advice to any young player out there that wants to play ball in college is to go to every event that you possibly can. Impact Showcases, college camps, scout days etc.etc. But don't go un-prepared! You only get a short time to show your skills, you want to make the most of your time in the spotlight.And hustle hustle hustle. Good day, bad day, or some where in between everybody with desire can hustle. One other thing , if you have holes in your game then spend your money on some quality instruction before you go to these events and not perform as well as you would like.I am sure Andy would tell you the same thing.
    I have seen Andy work for the last 3 years and if you watch closely he has a very keen eye for evaluating talent. He doesn't have any secondary agendas against 1-A or 2-A players or any other player for that matter. Remember if you play in a remote area, he can't come and watch you throw in your back yard. It is up to you to get out and put yourself in the spotlight. Don't graduate and wish things could have been different, if only somebody else would have done something for me.

3. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

I won't disagree that the 1A, 2A players aren't seen as much. Colleges will come to see 4A games and 3A games more frequently than they will go see a 1A/2A game, but the reasons look to be simple mathmatics.

In a 3A/4A game between 2 good teams, you might have 4-5 prospects that will be playing. A 4A school may have 2500 students, so it's only simple math that they would have more quality players than a 1A school with 700 students.

The same day, there is a 1A game in another area of the state. The college coach (or any other scout) has too choose between seeing 4-6 true prospects in a game versus 1-2 true prospects.

I've always felt that one of the luckiest things you could do is play a team with a "hot" prospect. If you are lucky enough to play TC Roberson this spring, you will be seen by the pro scouts. Some pro team will be at every game..... If you have college talent but not ready for the pros, they will be calling their college coach friends.