1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Injury Updates

Discussion in 'The Next Level' started by Big Byrd, May 10, 2007.

1. Big Byrd

Big Byrd Member

Let's hear about updates on injured players from this past season and report any new injuries that people may not be aware of.
    I know Braves can give us a status report on Braves Jr. and his Tommy John Surgery and I understand Justin Blackwell with Mars Hill also had Tommy John this past season.
    I hate to have to report that my son Robbie Byrd, freshman right fielder at Barton College this past season had some shoulder pain throughout this past season and after the CVAC Tournament he had an MRI. The MRI revealed that Robbie had a torn rotator cuff; as well as a torn labium requiring surgery in order to have any hopes of continuing his baseball career. Robbie has withdrawn from the team at Barton and will attend Comminuity College next year while he goes through his rehab. HE definately can't play next year and can't throw for 7 to 9 months after the surgery. We will just have to wait and see what happens and if the rehab goes well we will test the waters at that time as far as his baseball career goes.
    Anyone else have any news to report?
    :red_indian:

2. BaseballMan

BaseballMan Full Access Member

My son, Mac, was doing well early in his freshman season at Davidson before the dreaded TJ ligament went. He was shutdown for the year but has not yet had surgery. If he has it next year is gone.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Wow... Big Byrd. I didn't know that about Robbie. I'm so sorry to hear that, but the good news is...I know alot of players that have comeback 100%.

Braves Jr is fine and he is champing at the bit to start throwing. Right now, it appears it will be early February when he will be ready to start. I know one thing, I truly admire him for his mental toughness and his desire to come back and compete. He has kept a great attitude the whole time

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Most Dr.s are re-examining their opinions on conservative rehabbing. The success rate has been very frustrating to them.

5. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

My son Josh Thrailkill who's a freshman at Clemson has been limited to just 3 appearances and five innings this year due to pain in his right hip. After several exams, a recent MRI revealed a torn labrum in his hip. He will have surgery sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. The good news is that it's not nearly as serious as shoulder surgery and he should be 100% by the fall.

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  6. 02^04Mom

02^04Mom Member

Josh

Gary,

So sorry to hear about Josh. I knew something was up due to his limited innings. I hope he comes back better than ever! Let him know we are praying and rooting for him.