1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Is Tim McCarver driving you nuts?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Low & Slow, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Low & Slow

Low & Slow Full Access Member

I know this portion of TBR is focused on prep baseball, but also know there are a lot of knowledgable baseball people who nose around here and I have to ask "Is Tim McCarver driving you nuts?". In my opinion he is the worst color commentator in all of sports and I am amazed that FOX continues to keep him around. He speaks about the obvious as if he has just made the most insightful comment ever and often his baseball strategy or description of a player's intent is off-base. Further, he often describes a play in a way that is refuted by the replay. He must make 15-20 comments a game that are either wacky or just plain wrong....at least he quit dying his hair with brown shoe polish!

2. neckball

neckball Full Access Member

Tim does bother me sometimes. But not as bad as Brent Musburger working the Little League World Series ( or any other event ).

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

There comes a time when all color commentators need to move on to the baseball retirement home "Florida" and take up a new endeavor..horse track announcer. McCarver became a cliche over 15 years ago. At one time Timmy was very good, but his time has passed.

Now, you can give me Harold Reynolds every night, with a sprinkling of Orel Hershieser

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Is he still alive

5. PersonRocketDad

PersonRocketDad Moderator

Amen neckball on musburger

Musburger makes himself just look plain stupid and unfortunatly McCarver is doing the samething in my opinion. There time has come and gone. And is it just me or has sports commentating or color analyst what ever you want to call it just gone down hill???

6. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

He's acceptable but the guys I really like are Harold Reynolds and Joe Morgan. I felt I learned a lot when I listened to them.

7. CoachCrock

CoachCrock Go hard or go home

Did anyone notice

Is it just me or did anyone else notice the substance on Joe Blanton's hat the other night that he touched almost every pitch? I can't believe the Ray's did not say something about this.

8. The Captain

The Captain Full Access Member

Captain Agrees with Braves...Again!

Tim's time as come and gone. I would really like for him to take "The Hater" aka Joe Morgan with him.
    Reynolds and Ol' #55 both do a great job.

9. Kevin11

Kevin11 Full Access Member

announcers.......

Harold Reynolds in my humble opinion is the best out there! His explanation of situations and the game are clear and concise! Herschiser (sp?) does a great job in my opinion as well. Pair these two up with Miller and baseball is not only fun to watch but to listen to as well.

McCarver condemns to quickly about any situation and seems like most of his comments are negative rather than positive. After he tries to explain a situation you just rub your head and say, "huh"

My biggest problem with Morgan is the foul ball! Everytime someone fouls a ball straight back, he says they were right on that pitch. No, if they were right on the pitch they would have smoked it off or over a wall somewhere, instead they fouled it off, they missed a pitch to drive.

Oh well they get paid well to do it, so who am I to judge!

10. Bonsway

Bonsway Full Access Member

No one is as bad as Kornheiser. I can't stand that guy.