1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

It's a SAD day....

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by NathanCullars, Jun 20, 2009.

1. NathanCullars

NathanCullars Full Access Member

when you can't even leave your DD's batbag sitting alone for 15 minutes without someone taking something out of it.

Played in the NSA State at Winthrop today.....DD's team was finished for the day, and we went to say goodbye to some friends she had on another team, and she left her batbag laying beside the Easy-up and the cooler, along with my wife's little cart with wheels beside field 3. We were gone for about 15 minutes, and when we came back, her bag had been opened, and her beloved '04 RT was gone.

We asked around, looked all over the fields, and called every member of her team. NOTHING.

If ANYBODY seen or knows ANYTHING, PLEASE let me know. There will be no questions asked, and a sizable reward will be given for the return of the bat. It was a 32/23....this bat meant the world to her.

2. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

I hate to hear that. I never have understood how someone could enjoy something at the expense of someone else's anguish. Kind of like stealing someone's Christmas tree; especially an '04 RT. I made a mistake and let the team use my '04 RT this past HS season while it was around 50 degrees. Yep, it cracked it. Fortunately, a player who graduated last year had one and GAVE it to me even though I offered to pay for it. I nicknamed it "hotdog" in her honor. That was her nickname when she played. Super kid!!

With a little detective work you may find your bat. Remember the teams in the tournament; especially the ones who were still there. The '04s are rare enough that if you find one you can ask around and maybe find out how long they've had it. Maybe if it's a player who got it her parent might give it back. If it's a parent of course that'll be different.

I wish you luck and if someone did take it maybe their conscience will make them do the right thing and give it back. I think it really says something for the character of most kids that stealing is rare among softball players.

3. Crushers

Crushers Junior Member

Rocket Tech Available

I have an older Rocket Tech, one of the first, so I would guess 2004.
    Hardly ever used. Been in my daughter's closet for years.
    She is now a sophmore in College
    It's a 32". You can have it if you can use it.
    You can email me at [email protected]

4. NathanCullars

I agree....

that most people who would even dream of taking ANYTHNG. It's just those FEW who make it difficult to trust anyone anymore, and that's sad. They took her RT and left her Stealth. So they KNEW what they was looking for.

Our bags were sitting on the side where teams and parents were leaving, and I do remember the teams that were on their way out. We asked coaches that were in the warm up areas, and kids that were playing on the walkway if they had seen anything, but no one did. Most people wouldn't think a thing about seeing anyone getting into a batbag, especially if they acted like they belonged. But to see someone take a bat out, and leave the bag, someone would've seen that, I suppose. Nonetheless, MAYBE they will have a conscience, or FIND it laying around.....if so, PLEASE contact me. You can remain anonymous, and there will be no questions asked. I could care less, as long as we get it back.

My daughter had one when she was in middle school....the Coach sent her into the school to get something for practice, and it was in February, so it was cold. Since she was the only one with a batbag, he decided to get into her bag and use her bat to hit with. Needless to say, it cracked straight down the center. He apologized, but didn't offer to pay for it. The school even took the stand that "if it were that important, she shouldn't have had it in her bag". Nice huh? NO. The COACH shouldn't have been inside her bag without permission.

So, she has been saving Christmas and birthday money....and we gave her money too, and finally, her mom found her another one in the weight she needed and bought it in February of this year. And now this.

My DD had taken the 32 sticker off the end. It didn't have hardly any waves, but the black was faded.

I thank you for your kindness in words and your generosity.......maybe humanity has a chance afterall.

5. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

Wow! You're the kind of person I'm talking about when I say softball people are good people. Great move!! I don't know the people who are missing the bat but Thanks!!!

6. NathanCullars

CORRECT!

You are EXACTLY correct! We have been corresponding via email, and this person is a God send....and I have tried to get them to take money for it, but they refuse. I am absolutely speechless. And those of you that do know me, know that SPEECHLESS is NOT in my vocabulary.....

7. coach cragan

coach cragan Full Access Member

Another victim

Hey Nathan, not that it compares to the RT but we had 2 almost new chairs stolen from the same area last week. One of the new canopy style folding chairs and another new coleman folding chair. They were stolen on last Friday night of the early bird. Good luck finding it and sorry to knock you guys out last night. It was a pretty good game.

8. diamonds

diamonds Full Access Member

RT 04

My daughter has an 04 RT (33) and she loves this bat. She played in the state games and one of her coaches told her that this bat was worth about $500 (but it's irreplaceble to her!!) Somebody knew what they were getting!! I just told my daughter to keep a close eye on her bat bag at tournaments--Its bad that you have to do that. Good luck I hope you find your bat.

9. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Whoever does things like this, should round up their parents, and take them uptown to get married. Now I said that in a nice way. Didn't I?

10. BlazeCoach

BlazeCoach Full Access Member

Sorry to hear that Nathan myself and Macy were in Greensboro.Logan said Chelsa could use her 05 RT but I told her she would look funny swinging a 30/20.Poeple are after the older bats now since the new ones don't have the pop.If you get a chance check out what the last years Stealth is selling for on Ebay 500.00.I heard Bailey went deep on the Blast and the Starz hate I missed those bombs.Hope you luck on finding your bat.See you soon!!!!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009