1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Its time

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Coach 27, May 29, 2008.

1. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Straying guys... pick the winners and why..

2. OurPasttime713

OurPasttime713 Full Access Member

The people that are "straying" already gave their predictions, which caused other conversation to come up.

3. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

OKAY OKAY

reasons why

Cherryville - because I like the way people from there say they are from Chair vulle

E R - because Chad Flack is/was the man

Rocky Mount - because Ragsdale ten runned them (sorry Q - I had to say it :biggthumpup: ) It's their destiny

Rose - experience.

4. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Thanks

try to keep order in the world. And remember it is to keep you honest.

5. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

1A--Cherryville

I think Topsail could win game one with UNCW commit Thomas Jones on the mound, but Cherryvilles bats and the tough schedule they played will win out in 3 games.

2A--Orange

I think Orange sweeps this series. Too talented. They hit and game 1 starter Ryan Walker should get them off to a good start. ER is tough, but I think this is Orange's year.

3A--East Rowan

I'm think if East wins game 1, this is a sweep. Both teams are super talented at every position. Both have rich traditions and are well coached. There may not be two better teams in the state in any classification. I'm thinking that the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins this series. So far this season East has been extemely difficult to score on because of their pitching and defense. East top 3 pitchers have only allowed 28 runs in 158 innings pitched and it took a no hitter (1-0 in 8 innings) to hand the Mustangs their only defeat in their last 26 games. But, East's bats do fall asleep at times, and if Legett is on in game one, the series could shift in RM's favor.

4A--Ardrey Kell

Matchup of an up and coming program against one of the cornerstones of high school baseball in the state. This time I think the up and comer will win in 3 games. Both teams are well coached and play good sound baseball. I think Jordan Darnell (Elon) gets the victory in game 1, which puts Rose in a difficult position to win back to back games. Alex Wood (Georgia) probably gets the start in game 2 for the Knights.

Tough call on all of these games. I could see any of the 4 teams coming out on top.

6. east

east Full Access Member

1-A Cherryville---One of the most organized programs in the state
    2-A East Rutherford---Experience speaks volumes
    3-A East Rowan---Heart says RM--Head says ER
    4-A Greenville Rose---RV--Enough said

7. tj21

tj21 Moderator

I agree with Travis,,, if East Rowan manages to win Game 1, it is a sweep for East.

However Travis, Goodwin is a megastar, as good as East plays as a team, and as good a coach (Hightower) they have, I do NOT believe this East Rowan team has megastars like Goodwin, or like they themselves had in 2002 (Hayes,Davis,Parnell,Sides,Lefko,Steedley,etc) or 1996.

With that said, for those of you that don't know East Rowan, they are a very good team who is very deserving to be there. They will not beat themselves and they will put pressure on Rocky Mount's infielders. They all run well, they play small ball, they have hitters and they have pitching.

Remember a very good pitcher for South Point shut East out in Game 1 of the Western semis, and East put 17 runs on the board in Game 2, so this series could very well go 3 games.

Of course I'm going with the western teams.

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I know one thing, you have their best pitchers starting: Corbin Shive vs Jim Leggett---two very competitive guys. This should be a barn burner

9. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

I was thinking last night after I posted, that East only has 3 seniors, all of whom are committed to play at the next level next year. What I have not thought about, is that they have 7-9 other players (underclassmen) who are going to play at the next level as well. Simple math tells you that there are 10-12 players on this team that are going to play somewhere in college. I thought that was a remarkable number.

I'm really looking forward to this series!

10. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Let me clarify my comment about East not having that "megastar" or bluechipper, I agree they are very deep talent-wise. Going 5 pitchers deep at that quality level is amazing, but what impresses me more about East is how everyone of their batters 1-9 seem to get out of the box going to 1B. There is no such thing as East hitting a routine groundball the way their players get down the line. Should be a great series.