1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Its time

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Coach 27, May 29, 2008.

1. chickenman

chickenman Junior Member

picks

Is this the best time of the year or what...
    There is a ton of NC colleges in Regionals and some great High School Matchups...

Cherryville - In 3 games....Greensboro is Too far from the beach. Travel factor

Orange -Those who have not seen this team play is in for a treat. I do agree with experience and tradition on ERs side, but I do not agree with the talent argument... among others...ER has Baldwin (UNC-OF) and Park (walter State J.C.) Orange has walker (UNC-W), Copeland (A&T), Riley (A&T) Wright (Surry CC) and some talented JRs. And competition played is not totally ERs favor. Orange plays a lot of BIG schools around here and has beat some good teams.

Rocky Mount- they are tough and have some good balanced pitching and a ton of offense.

Greenville Rose- They have the Marvin Jarmon factor and a group of really good players, they don't depend on just 1 or 2 stars.

2. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

No offense taken at your post TJ, I think a lot of folks didn't see East coming at the beginning of the year because of their young talent that people hadn't seen play yet. Their junior and sophmore classes are loaded and when you add in the talented seniors like Justin Roland, Trey Holmes and Micha Jarrett into the mix as team leaders, this equals out to a state championship caliber team. Remember at the beginning of the year East Rowan was so under the radar they were not ranked in the Impact Preaseaon Poll or the Charlotte Observer Sweet 16?

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  3. tj21

tj21 Moderator

haha, you are right travis they weren't ranked,,, but I distinctly remember there was at least 2 posters telling everyone "they should be"... :coool:

I guess thats what I'm saying when I say East don't have any superstars,,,, in fact (I won't mention any names) but you probably read too right here on TBR when East was about 5-0 or 6-0 in the conference, there were posters still proclaiming them to be "just lucky". I believe folks were slow to give them credit because they don't have the big name stars with all the headlines. What East Rowan does is just go out and play solid baseball, and they either find ways to beat you or hang around until you beat yourself.

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  4. OurPasttime713

OurPasttime713 Full Access Member

I disagree with all this. How does East Rowan not have big names when they have two guys signed to BIG D1 programs in Wake Forest (Micah Jarrett) and Justin Roland (UNC-C). Do any of the teams playing for state championships this weekend have a duo that's signed to better schools than this? Other than perhaps Darnell and Wood at AK

5. Diesel1

Diesel1 Stay Strong, Uncle Sam.

1A
    Cherryville
    Topsail

Too much tradition and expectations run too high in Cherryville for them to lose against a team who is playing far from home.

2A
    Orange
    ER

Orange. Have talked to people that have seen them play and talked to veteran umpires who have called their games and they were very impressed. with Orange to win this series in 3.

3A
    East Rowan
    Rocky Mount

When Brian Goodwin, and others, have the opportunity to play championship baseball AND eat still eat their Grandmammas cookin...your done. RM in three.

4A
    Greenville Rose
    Ardrey Kell

Rose. Heart says in 2, Cal Ripkin sitting on my right shoulder says 3. Possibly a 4A matchup series that will be talked about and referenced to for years. I think AK puts up a good scrap, but Rampants do work. As I sit here wishing to get off work, would rather watch this matchup than ECU / Alabama.

6. GreatestGame123

GreatestGame123 Full Access Member

Diesel - Come on Over

The planet Zebulon is not that far - come on over and watch !!

7. Diesel1

Oh, I WILL be there.... :N1idhitit:

8. Diesel1

4 -4 On my Picks!

And a State Championship to boot...

You can BET I am playing the lottery tonight!

Congrats to all the winners and great effort by the other teams!

9. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

three of four for me. Missed the Orange - ER series.

Lots of great baseball in all four levels. Congrats to all the winners.

10. baseball411

baseball411 Full Access Member

This is why I shouldn't make predictions. I am absolutely thrilled Orange and Coach Dease won the title. A great coach and great group of young men win a title. That is awesome.

Glad to see the East win 3 out of 4 too. Maybe the tough road to get to the Ship out of the West took it's toll, or maybe the east is just as good as the west.

I hate to see Bagwell finish second again, but ie's hard to pull against RV as well.

Congrats to all the Champs and to all the teams that got to play for the 'ship.