1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Jacob Dixon to Tusculum College

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by coachsnead, Nov 20, 2007.

1. coachsnead

coachsnead Full Access Member

I am proud to let everyone know that Jacob Dixon of Roanoke Rapids has signed a Letter of Intent to play for Tusculum College. It has been a great pleasure to coach Jacob these last three years and I look forward to one more season with him.

Strechlon, looks like we might have to do some carpooling for the Newberry versus Tusculum matchups each year.

2. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

A tough competitor

Congrats to the Dixon family and to Roanoke Rapids HS....Coach I can tell you that Jacob has been tough on my Stars teams since he was 9 years old. SoutherNo1 will be doing the driving so you and I can hang out in the back seat talking about all those NC State games that we competed in at your town's complex. Some great memories for me. I will have to look back at my old scorebooks to see what Edmund Gravely-Newberry has done against Jacob Dixon-Tusculum.....it will be a nice college matchup.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Congratulations to Jacob. What a powerful program that he is going to. It appears the rich get richer.

What an exciting day for the Dixon family! Btw, if he would like to get any more inside information on the program, LCLefty from our board is a pitcher in their program. Knowing him like I do, he would make an excellent reference and would be happy to help with questions at any time.

4. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Congrats

Congrats to Jacob Dixon and his entire family. And also to you Coach Snead. I know how hard you work for your players and the fine job you do as a coach. I know this is a proud moment for you and the entire Roanoke Rapids baseball program. Good luck this coming season. Im glad you guys are not on the schedule this year.

5. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

Very happy for Jacob and his family, and also for Coach Snead. I talked to his dad this morning, and he semmed very excited. Mom not too happy about distance, but happy for her child. Jacob is a hard working kid who will contribute soon for Tusculum. And Stetchy is right, Jacob has been playing at a high level for what seems like eons in RR.

6. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

Newberry plays at our place this year, so plan on next year heading down to Newberry next year.

Congrats to him and best of luck to him in the future as a Pioneer.

7. A2662G

A2662G Junior Member

Congratulations to Jacob! What a great guy and ball player. We remember Jacob since Edmund was eleven--State Games in RR all the way to Blue-Grey Classic this summer!
    Tusculum has a great program and Jacob will only make it better. But look out, Newberry is on the move!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Keen, Ashlin, Anna Beavon & Edmund Gravely