1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

January 2nd Games Thread

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by whspioneers, Jan 2, 2007.

1. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

T-minus 2 hours and 50 minutes until departure for Marion for me. Hopefully the gals can keep it respectable and the men can pull out a huge win on the road. Post your thoughts on Watauga and McDowell along with tonights other matchups here.

2. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

Well, I've been holding off responding to the other thread because I have no association with the Watagua program. It's just that the negativity is so blatant, and there must be some attitudes with the players and parents. Why would they not care anymore? Plenty of female sports teams have to accept coaches that aren't qualified (I don't know anything about the Coach, just going by what you guys say). That's just a fact of life in middle and high school. There are other ways to improve individually and collectively. You can practice on your own, and you can form an AAU type team to travel and play in tournaments, but the will to compete and give 100% must come from within. I would encourage any and all players regardless of age to come together and compete hard.

The fact is, however, the NW 4A is tough, and always loaded with talent. McDowell won't feel sorry about the problems, and they are coming off of a loss of their own. Your girls need to bring their all, or they'll never hear the gun go off. I'm not trying to criticize your program, just thinking that more positive behavior might help? If someone "doesn't care anymore", maybe they shouldn't be playing? Just a question.:thinking:

3. tman

tman tman

So true!

I have to say that was the best response that could have been posted. We all need to remember that these are just kids playing a game. When its all said and done most all of them will NOT play college ball so lets encourage the positives... negativity is like a cut.. if it bleeds enough it kills you.

4. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

McDowell 88
    Watuaga 53

Maybe the folks in Boone will be quiet now...they played a pretty decent game. Meanwhile McDowell stunk up the joint in the first half down as much as six late in the second quarter before a patented Lady Titan run to gain the lead and extend it to 38-28 at the half. McDowell played a much better 2nd half stretching the lead.

Ebonique Hamilton: 21 points, 10 rebounds
    Kurie Washington: 20 points, 4 rebounds
    Kelsea Greene: 16 points

5. jccunc1

jccunc1 29ers Fan

Saint 59
    South Caldwell 56

6. titan90

titan90 titan90

The Lady Titans will have to play better ball friday night at East Burke if they expect to win. If Hamilton plays like she did in the 2nd half of the Watagua game she cannot be stopped. She just needs to play hard on every possession. They need to limit the turnovers also.

7. ebhs1977

ebhs1977 Full Access Member

East Burke 87
    Alexander 45

8. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

Wow, looks like they mean business. Should be a good one Friday night.:xyxthumbs:

9. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

After watching the game at McDowell last night I have to post a few thoughts. First I want to give Watauga credit they came into the titan dome and gave it their all for 3 quarters. However they did have one player who showed bad sportsmanship. I don't remember the player but she wanted to play volleyball by slamming the ball with her closed fist and commit a flaygrant foul before the half.But to their coaches credit they soon settled down. Watauga has some good players on their team and they are well coached. This team my pull off a few upsets before the season is over if they will learn to play teamball.

10. NW1Fan

NW1Fan Full Access Member

EB played a good game Tues. They bounced back from a not so good Christmas tourn. They played more like the team everyone expected them to be this year. If the Cavs can keep playing team ball and keep everyone involved in the game the way they did at AC, it should be a very interesting game at home Fri. night.