1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

JH Rose 2003 4A State Champions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by cad417, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

We've got a new TBR plane..just don't know if it is ready or not. They are still putting on some stickers

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  2. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

Well we tried to make it...

After a morning practice I load up the SUV with Myers Park jayyvee players and we head east at 11:30 a.m. As we get game reports along the way from the Caldwells (MP) and the Martins (Ashbrook) we are excited. The rain we are getting along the way is only a steady mist in Zebulon.

Our timing is good -- we can catch the end of the Myers Park game, then see Ashbrook, and then, if the good guys were to win, see game 3 of Myers Park - Rose. What a night ahead!

A 1-0 Myers Park lead and a rain delay in the 4th as we pass Burlington at about 1:45 -- yes! -- we're going to see some of that game and maybe 2 more!

Wrecks. Three of them. Nothing good ever happens in Durham (except when the Tarheels win there). The three hour 15 minute drive will stretch to four hours plus.

As we sit dead still in the parking lot that was once I-40, we tune in to WCHL. South Carolina homers to extend their lead over our beloved Tarheels to 4 -- things have gone from bad to worse.

Good news as we clear the worst of the wrecks -- Myers Park takes a 4-0 lead in the 6th. We won't see any of that game, but looks like there will be 2 more.

More news as we fly by Raleigh. Myers Park has won 4-1. The gang erupts. Still a great night ahead despite the long trip. But wait, the Caldwells report the 4A championship has been moved to Sunday. Oh no. Well, at least we'll get to see Ashbrook tonight. The guys can root on their buddy Drew Martin.

We cruise past Knightdale and now, finally, we're within 5 miles of Zebulon. Sky looks really bad. The phone rings. It's Ms. Martin, Drew's mom. Game postponed -- MP-Rose at 4 Sunday, Ashbrook- ECH at 7.

We turn around and head for home. Wouldn't you know it -- another wreck near Durham -- we jump off and detour through Chapel Hill -- that makes us feel a little better. A detour by Boshamer and Kenan and the Dean Dome, then back on the road.

The phone rings -- it's Braves and Braves, Jr., past G'boro and headed east. Turn around Braves! No game in Zebulon tonight.

A quick stop at Subway for dinner and back on the road. The guys make plans for a 9:30 movie in Charlotte.

Back in Charlotte at 8:30 -- 9 hours on the road. I am a tired puppy.

I can't wait to do it all again tomorrow...

3. Original

Original Full Access Member

DodgerBlues...you are green to the core! What a dedicated fan!

Can't wait to hear the story of how you got out of going to the Lion King !!:D

4. Braves

Let us know as quick as you can if there are any changes to the start times

5. phantom89

phantom89 Full Access Member

We'll see you and (we hope) many others at Five County Stadium at 4:00 PM!!!!

GO MUSTANGS!!!

6. Braves

This is a Private Message board and we don't want you

Your very first post you want to attack one of the members..go away

Oh..here you go. They will love you there....Charlotte.com

7. thetallguy

thetallguy Junior Member

hey braves and gonzo, ill be going to the game, ill ask bk from sm if he wants a ride, more fans won't help! wilson is the man!!!;) :D :) :) :) :) :p :cool: :D ;)

8. Braves

:xyzthumbs:...I'll see you there Tallguy..oh and what will you be doing this summer?

9. Braves

Phantom...any update on the fields..is it still playable?

10. cc12501

cc12501 Full Access Member

JH Rose 2003 4A State Chapions

JH Rose scored 6 runs in the first two innings Sunday afternoon, and held on to win the game 6-4. Robert Woodard came into pitch in the second inning after Logan Smith got into trouble. For pitching two days ago, Robert gave a great effort and pitched very well. Rob Wilson and Logan Smith each had 2 hits for MP in the loss. MP never gave up in the game, even when they were down to their final out. And especially to Rob Wilson and Robert Woodard who played their final game tonight- I think I speak for everyone in Charlotte when I say that it was a pleasure to watch you both play the last 4 years. Congrats to both Rose and MP for great seasons.