1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

josh briscoe

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by burnsdogs, Oct 4, 2003.

1. burnsdogs

burnsdogs Junior Member

i graduated from burns in 1992 and have followed burns football all of my life. Josh is one of the best athletes to ever play football at burns, but yet against one of the worst teams in the conference he only gets 2 offensive touches. one of those was on a hand off that he took over 40 yards untouched for a score. last year they tried to get the ball to josh as much as possible and this year he seems to be merely a decoy. if he touches the ball 10-15 times a game he will score atleast 4 of those times. when tony scott was at burns did he not touch the ball 20 times a game and produce?? josh may be even better than tony. the last couple of weeks that burns has been struggling teams have been playing man to man on them in the second half and burns cannot find a way to get briscoe the ball. hopefully we will find a way to get our best athlete the football and see what he can do. on another note i think that orlando goolsby has really stepped up his game the last two weeks and pulled us through two tough games. the touchdown catch he made friday night was unbelieveable.

2. dawgpound02

dawgpound02 Full Access Member

i agree 100%..josh should get the ball atleast 2 times per drive if possible!

3. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

That has been my question since the season started. Josh should get his hands on the ball 10-15 times a game. He's to good of an athlete. Shame he couldn't get to Crest.;)

4. burnsdogs

burnsdogs Junior Member

i know that i am late with this but i have been out of town the last 2 weeks on business. I told you that not getting the ball to briscoe would be the downfall of this years team. i have watched this team all year long and simply do not understand. all we run are deep routes. we do not run any plays that are quick passes that would allow josh to make one man miss and then go the distance. and if we run a pass play that is succesful we do not run it again. he had 1 carry this year and it was for a touchdown, i guess we were afraid that if he ran the ball again that he might have scored. against al brown they had a tremendous gameplan. we had receivers that were open but brown put so much pressure on the qb that there was not enough time to find the open receiver. we never made any adjustments to go to a short quick passing game. it is amazing to me that one year you have a receiver that is unstoppable and you try and get him the ball any way possible and then the next year you use him only as a decoy. sometimes you do not have enough depth to play people one way. it may be time to get back to iron man football. and by the way the way that the burns players acted during this game was embarrassing. especially #6 and the rest of the defense. if they would get a little more hungry and aggressive the sky is the limit.

5. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

I still don't understand going to your playmaker only once.

A serious question...Would Josh be justified if some how he transfered to Crest or even Shelby for that matter? Could you really blame him?

Also I have heard that Josh has been invited to try out for the same all-star game that Chris Leak played in last year (can't think of the name right now). Good enough for a national all-star, not good enough for Burns. hmmmmmmm.

6. Boxman

Boxman Full Access Member

Good question guys! I was on the sidelines on the visitors side during the Burns vs Brown game. The guys on the chain crew were asking the same question. Even Josh was complaining that he wanted the ball. If I'm not mistaken Josh didn't touch the ball one time the whole game. How does this not happen? Josh is so talented and he was wasted this year. I have followed his career and I'm amazed that he had been left out of the offensive scheme this year. DOESN'T MAKE ALOT OF SENSE!

7. crestuden

crestuden Full Access Member

Maybe the smartest thing to do would be to move Briscoe to quarterback. Briscoe is a great athlete and saw some action with injuries to Withrow and Mauney. This would help him on being recruited to colleges and give Burns a real weapon to go along with Jackson in the backfield. It worked pretty well for Travis Lee during his senior year. Though he did have alot more experience playing QB than Briscoe has.

The other option is to have him transfer to Crest. The two leading recievers are graduating this season and the passing game will be counted on alot more next season.

8. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

transfer to crest and he plays WR/CB and will be highly recruited to boot. Ron seems to miss on alot of D1 talent while blinded by others......................