1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Junior Legion State Tournament

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by JM15, Jul 21, 2008.

1. JM15

JM15 Moderator

just got home from kinston. man, what a great tourney. not just because we were fortunate to bring home the trophy, but because of the 8 teams involved. there were several CLOSE games with a lot of excitement. i thought kinston did a great job of hosting the tourney as well. thanks to coach hartsell and coach wine down there (i played at LCC in 04 under Hartsell) for having the LCC field in good shape. wish the scoreboard would of worked, but it wasn't a big deal since the announcer did such a good job updating the teams and fans. grainger was awesome as always. congratulations to each team that participated. i feel like we came out on top because of pitching depth... we still had a few arms in the pen that were fresh and ready to go today. it was obvious the teams we played later in the tourney were getting tired and worn down on arms. congrats again to the 8 teams. it was a blast.

Cary Bulls 2008 JR Legion State Champs

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  2. Dirty Mo Beau

Dirty Mo Beau Junior Member

I agree

with the comments about Mooresville. Definitely congratulations to the Mooresville Junior Legion Moors and coach Johnny Meadows and Frank. I know they are in it for the kids and the love of baseball. These kids are winners both on the field and in the classroom. They have the right approach to the game and I hope they keep that attitude as they go forward because they can accomplish great things in their lives. I have been excited for them and for the opportunity the American Legion has provided them. You can feel the community spirit and pride about the game or baseball in the community. Congratulations to the Rowan team on making it as far as they did as well. I look forward to seeing this rivalry grow over the next few years.

Congratulations to Cary and their accomplishment. As I posted earlier, looks like some great baseball was played around this tournament. I hate I could not be there, but I appreciate Gary Trexler and 1350 WHIP for making the trip and broadcasting the games as well. I enjoyed listening to the games.

3. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

LCC crew did a great job to keep their place in shape. i had no idea they had such a nice facility. Really enjoyed listening to Coach Wine talk hitting with a player on Saturday. Very interesting stuff.

4. Test123

Test123 Full Access Member

I understand there was an issue at MI Connection that kept Saturday and Sunday's Mooresville games from airing on Channel 4. That issue should be resolved in time for tonight's replay of yesterday's Championship game at 6PM.

Test123

5. TheBaseballWarehouse

TheBaseballWarehouse Full Access Member

Congratulations to the Cary Bulls! See you guys next year as Oxford plans on re-tooling to become stronger. Look forward to some good battles!

6. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Wish Oxford could have made it to Kinston. You guys would of put on a good show there. See you next summer.