1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Jupiter, WWBA

Discussion in 'Showcase Baseball' started by YearRoundBaseball, Oct 20, 2010.

1. hititfar

hititfar Full Access Member

I watched Moss throw earlier(Rays Select) this weekend and he looked good. I am looking for repeat performance. Good luck and thanks stretchy for the info.

2. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Championship Game

Dirtbags (6-1, 8 runs given up, 32 runs scored) vs Chet Lemon Juice (7-1, 7 runs given up, 41 runs scored)

Bags have taken the field as the home team...Benton Moss on the hill, Brett Austin behind the plate, George Carter, DC Arendas, Mikal Hill and Michael Russell around the horn with Adam Griffin, Seth Constable, Peter Hendel roaming the outfield....The Juice goes down easy 1-2-3......Russell with a lead off single, Hill singles sending Russell to 3rd.....he scores on a sac fly by Carter, Hill steals second as Griffin strikes out...Hendel goes down swinging to end the inning....Bags with an early 1-0 lead at the end of the first inning. Two outs runner on first for Chet Lemon's boys...Arendas leaps and catches a bullet for the 3rd out of the 2nd inning. Ashley Moss jumps up and whistles to the heavens!......Hard shot by DH Hunter Bryant is bobbled at ss and he is safe at first...Carter swings thru a great change up strikes out...Constable does the same...Arendas singles but Connor Andrus, extra hitter, pops up for the 3rd out......To start the 3rd a ball that looked like it fouled off the batters foot is ruled a base hit..next batter steps out of box and Moss stops delivery and called for a balk...Milzy out to settle Benton down..sac bunt moves runner to 3rd base..Wife just arrives with my tuna sandwich....bobble at ss on a hard hit ball ties the game at 1-1...a sac fly brings home a second run for the Juice...inning over Bags down 2-1. Logan Jernigan warming up as the Dirtbags come to bat. First two batters fly out.....followed by a K to end the inning.
    Jernigan on the mound to start the 4th...lead off ground rule double by one of the Lemon boys as the Juice attempts to make some sweet tasting Lemonade out of this game....line shot is knocked down by Hill at ss, runners on the corners NO OUTS...runner nailed at second trying to steal on a great throw down...somehow my live reporter on the ground missed an out as a groundout ends the inning and no runs score. The Juice remains sour!!!! Bottom 4 Griffin with a lead off single up the middle...Hendel walks...two on no outs...pitching change...Bryant rung up looking...Carter walks to load the bases and Griffin scores on a wild pitch..game tied 2-2....Carter gets picked off 2nd base...OUCH...Constable bunts and beats the throw to first as Bags take the lead 3-2...WOW....Arendas singles (pickoff really hurts)....Chet to the mound for a pitching change...glad I gave up going to K&W Cafeteria for this action...Andrus lines out to 3rd base to end the inning. Bags 3 Juice 2
    Jernigan strikes out the first batter as a light sprinkle begins to start the 5th inning...deep fly ball to cf for the 2nd out...two out base hit to center...TBR viewers spikes up to 42.....HUGE strikeout ends the inning and makes it now an official game as the rain begins to get heavier. Matt Clements followers join the thread just in time to hear that Russell leads off the inning with a single...pickoff attempt goes wide left and Russell goes in standing at 3rd base with a potential big insurance run 90 feet away with no outs...STRIKEOUT........secretary is pissed I won't take any calls.....holy crap batman another STRIKEOUT (this could be very costly)....technical glitch have lost contact with google robot in Florida....standby......apologies seems like we have fried a battery in a cell phone.....while away the game has been tied at 3-3....moving to the top of 7th...Dickens marches out to the mound and takes care of business. Now its up to the boys to win it here on a walkoff...Constable reaches on what some say is an infield hit and others say is an error....here we go....successful sac bunt puts winning run on 2nd base...on a ball hit to 3rd base Seth is caught in a run down for the 2nd out so Andrus on 1st with Russell at the plate..groundout.....EXTRA INNINGS for all the marbles!!

Dylan Dickens on the bump for his 10th inning of work today....K's the first batter, fly out to cf for 2nd out.....single in the hole...slow roller with a banger at first for the 3rd out. They are playing this as straight up baseball no tiebreaker rules. Mikal Hill strikes out to start the 8th...Austin grounds out...Extra innings draws a crowd and TBR viewership sky rockets to 55 folks....unfortunately Griffin strikes out to end the 8th.

Big conference at the plate...game might be called in a tie.....hate kissing my sister!! Feartheturtle may have jinxed the show.

Ladies and Gentlemen we have Co-Champions. The game has been declared over with a 3-3 score. Unbelievable. I sure hope my sister is not pregnant. Wonder if Bud Selig is the one that talked them into a tie game? Congratulations to Andy and the Dirtbags staff/players. North Carolina is truly loaded with great players.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  3. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Do they still

put a runner on second base with no outs in extra innings?

4. ncsu82

ncsu82 Full Access Member

free baseball! woohoo

5. go3

go3 Member

Really? A tie?

6. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Strecthy

I swear I have never met your sister! I swear man!

7. MClements

MClements Full Access Member

Thanks again

For the timely coverage - what a nail biter.

Congratulations to the Dirtbags on their championship. That is a pretty talented group that certainly got more exposure to hundreds of college recruiters and professional scouts.

8. Stretchy

Stretchy Full Access Member

9. go3

go3 Member

I hate a tie,but with all things considered,it was a classy move. Congrats to both teams.

10. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

In his own words.....

the following is from Andy Partin:

"First, it is an honor to share the Championship with an outstanding program in Chet Lemons Juice. It was great to get to meet Chet Lemon and play a very competitive game against them in the finals in Jupiter.
    I have been asked countless times why the finals ended in a 3-3 tie… Here’s what happened…

I was jogging to coach thirdbase in the bottom of the 8th inning and I was approached by Chet Lemon. He asked me how our pitching depth was. I told him that we had plenty of arms left (I had already warmed-up a fresh Adam Griffin, who had only thrown 3 innings on Thursday to start the 9th inning… We also had George Carter who had not even pitched yet in the event). He explained his pitching situation to me and suggested if we didn’t score in the bottom of the 8th would we consider stopping the game and being Co-Champs?

After registering what we talked about and his genuine concern for the health of his players, and discussing with my coaching staff we agreed to approach the staff at Perfect Game USA about the idea. After a few minutes of discussion all parties agreed to call the game a tie and name us both Champions.

It's pretty cool... You start with the top 85 teams in the USA, Canada, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic and find yourself playing the Orlando Scorpions, Florida Bombers, FTB Mizuno/Cardinals Scout Team and Chet Lemons Juice for the Championship and come home with Championship rings… It was just an incredible journey for the Dirtbags program.

I am very happy for all of our players, coaches and families involved within the Dirtbag family. I am so proud of the guys in our program. We played extremely well down the stretch and beat some very good programs along the way. My coaches Phil Maier and Jason Mills did a superb job of helping me manage the pitching staff. I’m very thankful to be surrounded by wonderful coaches and players. I’m proud to be a Dirtbag and looking forward to next season."

Andy and Seth Constable in the Championship Game at the WWBA in Jupiter.

Attached Files: