1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Just How Good Are They? VERY, VERY GOOD!

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Baylee Duckdog, Apr 15, 2012.

1. aguyyouknow

aguyyouknow Yogi Fan

Whoa

I wasn't comparing the QC and G'boro. Just giving my perspective about one particular team that just happens to be in CLT.

Good comments about Austin and Fincher. AK has a freshman there too. Logan Ratledge, who is playing a lot too! UGAs star LHP is from.AK too.

2. baseballx3

baseballx3 Full Access Member

3. east99

east99 east99

1998 Providence

The best team I've ever seen and was actually fortunate enough to have played against and also grew up playing with most of them. 18 seniors on that team with the deepest pitching staff that the SW4A has seen.....lost in the 3rd round to a sidearm pitcher from one of the Guilford schools. Would have and should have ran the table but in one and done...no one is safe! Agree with Mincimi that 2004 SM squad was legit too with a similar fate as Providence.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

What people misunderstand is we used to get a lot of feedback from parents, players and coaches from the Triad area. For whatever reason we are getting a lot of readers, but few posting this year. I don't know why, but the same is true out West.

This year we have a greater amount of participation from the SW4A and it seems unbalanced in the threads.

The only way to change this is to get posters from other areas to post. EVERYBODY loves to read about players and teams from every county and city.

I'll tell you what, I sure miss Deez, SouthNo1 and Stretchy. That kept us informed of everything out west.

5. aguyyouknow

aguyyouknow Yogi Fan

6. Stretchy

Stretchy Full Access Member

Location Location Location

I live in the East....... but my Dad just moved to the west so I will ask him if he even knows what a baseball is.

7. Hammerdog

Hammerdog Full Access Member

Western Carolina Baseball

Here in the western part of the state we have to look at the TC Roberson's as the Gold Standard of baseball, and then it goes to the smaller classes like 2A and 1A due to population and spread out geographics. Murphy has been a stout program over the years as well as East Ruftherton in 2A (several State Championships).
    I think our talent pool is spread out over more area than in any other part of the state, and it leads to a numbers game that makes it hard to compete with the city folk.
    This year we have TC Roberson fighting with North Buncomb for MAC supremancy and Tuscola is trying to outlast the East and West Hendersonville teams for the WNCAC title, don't know about the other conference's due to lack of coverage on the subject out side of the Asheville area.
    Will say this about WNC baseball though, there are some very good players in this area and if someone had a showcase team of players from just the schools mentioned above they would be as hard of an out as any team in the state, would give the boys from SCP, CBC, GBC, Canes, Cubs, Dirtbags, all they wanted and then some, just to hard to do in the HS setting with limited athelets to fill out a roster at each school.
    I would be interested in some info about South Point they seam to be the team to beat in 3A and yet never here anything about them.

8. catcoach

catcoach Full Access Member

There is good...

... and there is good enough.

On a given day, I would prefer to be the latter.

9. aguyyouknow

aguyyouknow Yogi Fan

Good Enough!

I love it. After 25 years of marriage I'm still trying to convince my wife that good enough is.........well.........good enough.

AND come to think of it, it's precisely how I got through college.

10. baseballx3

baseballx3 Full Access Member

that's what my wife tries to convince me about her cooking!

"Well if it ain't good enough, make it yourself"

I will take good enough!