1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Just wondering...

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by softballjunkie, Jun 14, 2008.

1. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

Notice the "studded up" analogy...

...BCat, See where I'm going? "locking" the muscles that allow/provide optimum bat speed is ignorant. Just the same as lifting weights before a basketball game. .....As a researcher, what would you suggest to the kids as for the optimum "on deck batter prep"? ....I'll also pass this question to the rest of TBR......Fish

2. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

What does a Marlboro, Gin & Tonic, and weighted....

.....bats in the on deck circle have in common?????.......I don't know but if the Babe, the Mick, and Billy Martin could give us answer, they'd say......Give me a light, and double, and a double in the scorebook! Thats the best research I'm capable of! LOL! Signed.....MICROFISH!!!!!

3. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

When a batter uses a weight bat in the odc one thing I have observed is that they have a tendency not to swing under the pitch as much. I believe that the weight differential creates a subtle change in the plane of the bat to the ball. The more the player tends to swing under the ball the more noticeable the improvement is after using the weight bat in the circle.

I have read several of those studies and they all agree, at least, that there is no increase in bat speed.

I can't argue with them but I know it makes you feel like it's faster. And most of us know that if you think it, you do it!

4. softballjunkie

softballjunkie Full Access Member

More testing is needed

Fish man if you need a guinea pig for your tests...I'm your man!!! Anything for the game!