1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

JV Baseball (In the Pipeline & Under The Radar) - Merged threads

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by THEBIG"O", Feb 2, 2003.

1. THEBIG"O"

THEBIG"O" Junior Member

"UNDER THE RADAR KIDS"

Hello all.......I thought this might be a good thread so here goes. Speaking in the SW4A who do you all see as some of the best talent that no one knows about. The guys that for whatever reason they havent been picked up yet on the radar. If nothing else this could be a good way to get a few kids names out in the open. Can't wait to see your replies.....

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I posted this on Chlt.com, so I won't bore you with my thoughts, but I would like to hear yours.

...and what's your thoughts about Olympic this year?

3. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

I haven't had the privilege of seeing a lot of SW4A JV Ball yet so I can't comment. Who have you seen "O" that you like????

4. THEBIG"O"

THEBIG"O" Junior Member

Hey guys sorry for the late reply.........This time I've got two kids for ya from Olympic. With the amount of seniors on the team this year I am doubtful that either will start the season on varsity, but both have the ability to play at or above that level this year. First off is the sophmore transfer Thomas Hovis. He is around 6'1, 6'2 and is a RHP/1B. He was clocked at 83 last fall and has continued to prgress. Other than his fastball he throws his curve/slider which he can throw hard and consistant. And so far it has been very effective. Also he is threat at the plate. He does not hit for power but with an above average bat speed he has an incredible abiliyt to hit in the gaps. Next is another sophmore transfer Wes Waddell. He is a LHP/OF. With an average fastball (79-81) look for him to out smart the batters. He has an impecable ability to throw his pitches with command and can hit any part of the zone. Also to back up his fast ball he has a curve, that when he is on it will break the length of the plate, and a change that he can throw considerably slower than his fastball with a slite downward movement. As he continues to get bigger I'm sure you will see an increase in his velocity. He also has above average bat speed and will hit for base hits. And when he gets on base he becomes a threat to steal. These are my two picks for now from Olympic, I will report on other schools later on. Also feel free to jump in with any of yalls picks, jv or varsity. Everyone is welcome.

5. NCBBallFan

I've seen both the guys and your right, they will have a definite impact down the road. I like their composure on the mound.

They look like a good nucleus for a pitching staff over the next 3 years:D :D :D

Where did Wes transfer from?

6. THEBIG"O"

THEBIG"O" Junior Member

He went to Harding last year but it wasnt a good fit for him so he transfered to Olympic this year.

7. THEBIG"O"

THEBIG"O" Junior Member

I was just wandering NCBBALL fan: When did you see them pitch? Maybe it was one of the time I saw them.

8. NCBBallFan

Over the years I've seen both in AAU, USSSA, stuff like that. I remember names and impressions well. I can't tell you teams, but I remember players that got my attention. They both did.

9. THEBIG"O"

THEBIG"O" Junior Member

Yea I have followed both along with several others for quite a while now.

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I saw them both play for the Carolina Blues and love both players as athletes and kids. They are two of the reasons I say Olympic is quickly developing into a contender. Thomas Hovis will be special!