1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

JV Baseball (In the Pipeline & Under The Radar) - Merged threads

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by THEBIG"O", Feb 2, 2003.

1. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

I've said in other threads that I thought Zack R would be up on varsity soon ... You want all of your top pitchers pitching, not watching... It's kind of rough finding enough work for 3 starters with a lot of seniors hanging around. Pierce was clocked at 86 down at USC in January. Porter has been near the same speed....

P.S. Added later Matt Murphy (Sr) look great in his two innings of work. Good movement, control, poise on the mound. Really good pop on the FB, curve was solid with good downward bite. Impressive outing for the big "Righty". As things go now, he would get the start probably against Providence next friday.

The future looks "bright" for NM pitching.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2003
  2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I'm not one to start rumors, but I had heard through the grapevine that Porter, Pierce and Rosenbaum were transferring to Myers Park..any truth to this?:)

3. NCBBallFan

And we wish to thank all the great Sabre fans for funding the transfer and providing transportation! I'm sure all three will look great in "Green". :jump:

4. phantom89

phantom89 Full Access Member

Seriously, guys...you know that green is a great color...especially in the spring...especially in baseball season...the perfect uniform color...green...But sometimes as Kermit says,"It ain't easy being green!" Mustangs looking good in it last night, both J.V. and Varsity.We are also fortunate to have Coach Toby Bicknell as our new Varsity assistant and the JV's are most fortunate to have Coach Stone as their head coach.

5. NCBBallFan

Hey Phantom & Prepster

Since Braves & Sabrefan are the ones providing the free transportation for the Sophs from up @ North down to Myers Park, they have a request. Would you please add some red-piping to the Myers Park uni's. It would mean so much to them... :D :D :D

6. neckball

neckball Full Access Member

At North Meck, what about Justin Wyatt? Is he playing JV or did he make the varsity squad? Played at Northside last year, started at shortstop as a freshman for the varsity team. Did he make the grades to play at North Meck this year?

7. NCBBallFan

I'm not familiar with the name Justin Wyatt - he isn't on the varsity at North. Smasher39 is on the JV team so he may be able to tell you. North was very deep at the SS/2B position this spring with Juniors & Seniors so it was difficult for underclassmen to stick at those positions.

Another transfer from Vance (a Junior) decided to give up baseball as did the returning JV starting catcher (Soph) from last year - neither tried out.

8. smasher39

smasher39 Junior Member

i dont believe that justin will be starting this year he did try out for 2nd base but now hes sticking to catcher and it looks like toop or marre are starting back there. He wasnt on the team last year bc david mcauley started all last year.

9. baseballa4north

baseballa4north Junior Member

I really doubt that Toop is gonna start. He probably will for the first couple of games, only because he is a returning player. He has no arm and throws a good ol' lollipop to second. He needs to stick to football. (Dont tell him I said this). Justin Wyatt has a good arm and can block decently (better than Toop). I havent seen any problems with Marre yet, but I'm not expecting him to be anything to great.

10. baseballa4north

baseballa4north Junior Member

Toop also showed his excelent blocking skills today when he took a lefty curve to the nads.