1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

JV Baseball (In the Pipeline & Under The Radar) - Merged threads

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by THEBIG"O", Feb 2, 2003.

1. neckball

neckball Full Access Member

Catching will be a new position for Justin Wyatt, first tried it last fall.

What about over at Olympic, anybody know anyrhing about a player named Wes Brunson, is he playing? And while on the subject of "Ole " High, anybody know where Doug Myers is now? He's not on the roster at Western Carolina this spring.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2003
  2. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

North JV

I heard that Rosenbaum & Parks both pitched yesterday - how did they look against SM.... what kind of line did they have? What kind of pop on the FB? Who was starting where?

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

DodgerBlue

How are the JV's looking at MP

4. phantom89

phantom89 Full Access Member

I'm sure Dodger will be able to give more specifics, but I was really impressed by their hustle last Friday night. We are excited about the future of Myers Park baseball! And as I have previously mentioned, they have a great Coach in Terry Stone! All around fine situation...now Dodger Blue can give you the scoop!

5. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

In reply to Braves question (you guys have to teach me how you do that "quote" and "originally sent by" stuff):

I haven't seen the Myers Park jayvees play -- I've heard lots of reports from players and dads, though. I would have seen them today, but the rain took care of that. They should be pretty good.

Anyway, the team beat a weak Huss team badly in their only scrimmage last Friday, but I understand Huss kicked it around a lot. LH sophomore Cody Drake started and looked strong. He'd be in most varsity rotations. I've said this before, but the only thing holding Drake back is Drake figuring out just how good he can be.

RH freshman Ryan Rockecharlie, RH freshman Jordan Cudney, and RH freshman Brown Rogers all pitched well, too. I hear Rockecharlie has a lot of velocity. I hope Coach Stone finds out that Soph RH Jeremy Mathis is a quality pitcher, too.

The infield starters were sophomores David Castevens (3B), Mathis (ss), and Scooter Fry (2b), and Scott Brewer (1B I think). Soph Jack Magee started at catcher; Soph Matt Satterfield also caught a couple innings. Three freshmen started in the outfield -- the best of that group is center fielder and lead off hitter Jack Myers, who has a chance to be really good. Zach Simpson was one of the other two outfielders. I don't know who the other one was.

The team should get plenty of offense from Mathis, Castevens, Magee, Drake, Brewer, Myers and Fry, and hopefully some of the freshmen that I haven't seen yet. I know several really good players got cut -- several of whom I've had the pleasure to coach, so there must be some quality depth in the freshman class.

You didn't ask but let me add that I understand the two sophs on varsity are doing really well. Antonio Cousart is slated to start in center field and may pitch some. He struck out the side in his one inning against Huss. Tim Frye has been impressive thus far, too, and is a likely starter.

6. baseballa4north

baseballa4north Junior Member

Rosenbuam threw three innings, had 3 K's, 3 walks and one HBP. Parks came in to pitch in the fourth, he allowed two runs and also had three K's. Bennet Hamilton pitched the bottom of the seventh and had 2 K's and 3 walks.

7. burnsbball33

burnsbball33 Junior Member

swf3a jv baseball

who do u like in this conference?hickory, st stephnes, burns crest , km?

8. burnsbball33

jv baseball

what teams in the swf3a are going to be impressive?who are some jv players to watch for?

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Just curious for the less informed. Who are the teams in SWF3A ?

10. burnsbball33

the teams are as followed.....burns,st. stephens,hickory,rs crentral.kings mountain,fred t foard,crest.......which jv teams are goin 2 b loaded