1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

JV Results Week 4/14 to 4/20

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Celler012, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Celler012

Celler012 Junior Member

Parkland High

Parkland high VS Reagen high jv baseball

11 inning game.... PARKLAND WINS 5-4

Walk Off double wins the game

MVP OF THE GAME HATS OFF Landon Basham (Parkland High freshmen)

Basham the lead off batter and firstbasemen, went 5 for 7 with 4 doubles and 3 runs scored,no errors and 3 steals, my opinion jv player of the year, Landon younger brother of college pitcher Ryan Basham has the most sound swing i've seen from a jv player.

2. GreatestGame123

GreatestGame123 Full Access Member

Good luck in the last few weeks of JV Ball !

3. PutMeInCoach

PutMeInCoach I Love This Game

Friday 4/11/08

Mooresville 7 N. Iredell 5.
    Mooresville starters rested most of the game. Mooresville now 10-0 now waiting on battle with East Rowan DH on tuesday. Mooresville has a 2 game lead in NPC JV.

4. ForTheLoveOfTheGame

ForTheLoveOfTheGame Full Access Member

MOORESVILLE's JV Team is the real deal. They have the pitching,hitting,speed and most of the time the defense. I do not know any stats but i have seen them just kill the ball from top to bottom of the order. Good luck the rest of the way!!!

5. Diesel1

Diesel1 Stay Strong, Uncle Sam.

Stretchy Brings Rain...

JH Rose 5*
    Rocky Mount 2*

*WP B. Quintard
    6.2 IP 2 Runs 8 SO 2 BB
    *LP May
    1.2 IP 3 Runs 1 SO 3 BB

Leading Hitters*
    JHR T. Houmard 2-4 2b 3 rbi
    A. Chiang 1-4 2 rbi

RM M. Berry 3-4 2b
    P. Helms 2-4
    T. Konce 2-3

OTHER RM Pitchers (in order of appearance):
    M. Berry 3 IP 1 Run 1 H 2 SO 2 BB
    Amerson 2 IP 0 Run 2 SO 2 BB
    May 1.2 IP 3 Run 1 SO 3 BB*
    P. Helms .1 IP 1 Run 2 H 0 SO 0 BB*

This was a lil different and I actually get to use the astrick**!!

Game is cruising along, tightly contested at 2 -1 through 6 innings, with RM in the lead.

Top of the 7th, Harvey leads off with a line out to left. Pitcher May walks next 2 batters and coaxes Harrison to pop out to short. Walks the next batter. Now, with the bases loaded, JHR at top of the lineup. (Meanwhile, the clouds are thickening and you can hear ocassionally thunder far in the distance. Stretchy leans over and says, you're gonna win it, if you can get the game in...) RM makes a pitching change, bringing in Parker Helms with bases loaded and 2 outs...

Leadoff goes full count with Helms and then lines a double in left center gap, clearing the bases, putting JHR ahead 4-2. Next batter up bleeds in a single to right off Helms to score the run. Helms gets a deep fly ball out to right from the next batter to gather the third out. JHR now ahead 5-2.

As this is happening, the sprinkles come bigger and the thunder is a lil closer. Stretchy leans over with that little smile and I told you so look...and says, a quick three outs...or you are in trouble...

First batter for RM, the pitcher Helms, first pitch flies out to right. Second batter, T. Berry, first pitch 4-3 for the second out... Stretchy leans over and says you gotta hurry, as we have detected lightening and blue hasn't, with the rain increasing. First pitch brings a hard strike...and lightning... 2 outs, 0-1 count, blue clears the field...within moments, the bottom falls out and fans scatter.... 5 minutes, several lightening strikes and a few thousand gallons of water later, blue shuts it down...

So....JH Rose has the lead with 2 outs and is definately on the momentum... on the one hand having won the game...but not completely...

Stretchy, the savy soothsayer he is, has warned me about this and the official call from blue is....since we are in complete game mode, yet the 7th was not finished, you revert back to the last full inning...which is the 6th with JHR down 2-1....

OR, you can come back and complete the game, picking up where you left off...

Coaches discuss it briefly and while not official, JHR hits the road with a victory of sorts...

Since it is a non-conference game, I seriously doubt the game will be completed unless further discussions prove otherwise....

Great game as both teams played errorless ball and hit the ball, but defense made the differences. Big turning point was JHR doubling off a runner at second on a pop up to the short stop...

Was great hanging with the Stretch and talking baseball...looking forward to that again soon....

Now, I defer to Stretchy for the color analysis.... :champagne:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  6. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Saturday afternoon at the ballpark

Excellent recap of an amazing game with a wild wierd 7th inning.

Loved seeing my buddy Clay Medlin shaking his head at the downpour.

The best part of the game for me was when Rose loaded the bases...RM then had no choice but to bring in the closer, who's dad was working the PA in the pressbox. When the Rose batter doubled to clear the bases all you could here was the grunts and shouts and the noise of stuff being tossed around in the pressbox.

OH the life of a pitchers dad.

FUNNY NOTE: People around both towns are walking around today saying they won. Going to games and meeting new friends is a blast. I sure am glad the wife doesn't make me do yard work.

7. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

South Meck vs Independence

South Meck ...... 8
    Independence ...... 0

Lenin Pena pitched three scoreless innings for SM!

8. Stretchy

Stretchy Full Access Member

NCHS Rule

The following is the adopted suspended game rule, mandatory in all regular season and state playoff games:

A game called for any reason, where a winner cannot be determined will be treated as a suspended game. If the game is to be completed it will be continued from the point of suspension, with the lineup and batting order of each team the same as the lineup and batting order at the moment of suspension, subject to the rules of the game. If more than 4 ½ innings have been played and a winner can be determined, the game is over (including playoff games). After 5 innings, if the visiting team scores a tying or go ahead run in their top half of the inning and the home team does not have the opportunity to bat or complete its time at bat, the game is treated as a suspended game. If a game is called prior to the completion of a full inning after the fifth inning, the game becomes a suspended game in the following situation: the visiting team has scored one or more runs to tie the score or to take the lead, and the home team has not tied the score or retaken the lead. PLAY CASE – The sixth inning begins with the score H-6, V-5. Visitors score two runs in their half of the inning. Game is called because of rain with (a) two outs in the bottom of the sixth and the score H-6, V-7; or (b) following the completion of the home team’s at bat with the score H-6, V-7. RULING: In (a) the game is suspended and resumed on the next possible date at the point of interruption. In (b) the game is official, with the final score H-6, V-7. A suspended game does not count against the weekly limitations in the week in which it is completed.

9. Work Ethic

Work Ethic Junior Member

Does anyone know who won the most recent jv game between watauga and south caldwell?

10. WHSpitcher6

WHSpitcher6 Junior Member

watauga 8 to 7