1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

JV Teams???

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Feb 13, 2005.

1. python

python It Happens

Sound like good news for next year's varsity.

2. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

Burns JV's are undefeated and seem to have a great team. Crest JV's have one defeat on the season and are playing well. Should be a great game when they get together.

3. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Person's JV's win the Farm Bureau - Bruce Moore JV Invitational

Person's JV team won this JV tournament, played at Person, and had stellar pitching from SO/LHP's Elliott Tolley and Hunter Wrenn. Tolley earned the win in the Championship game after earining a save for the Varsity team in the Rocky Mount Easter Tournament. Wrenn and Fr/LHP Christopher Morgan pitched well in the opening game for the Baby Rockets. PErson's JV team has a 7-1 record, with its only loss to Wakefield. Hat's off to Coach Tuck for a fine job with the JV team!! :woohoo:

4. PersonRocketDad

PersonRocketDad Moderator

CONGRATS TO PERSON ROCKET JV's

Congratulations to the Person Rocket JV's and Coach Tuck for winning there 1st ever Easter Tournament!!!! :xyzthumbs :applause: :trophy:
    I understand the crowds and support for the games were outstanding!! As the Corporate sponsor for the tournament I would like to say a public THANK YOU to all who participated from Cedar Ridge, Cardinal Gibbons, Bartlett Yancey, and of course our own Person Rocket supporters!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
    We hope to make this an Annual affair and look forward to next year!!!!
    Thanks again to all and good luck on the rest of your seasons!!!! :xyzthumbs
    Bruce Moore

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Also, congratulations to you PRD for stepping up in support of this tournament. Without people like yourself, many of these kids would not have the opportunity that you afforded. :applause:

6. PersonRocketDad

PersonRocketDad Moderator

Thanks Braves

Thank you Braves for the acknowledgement!! I love to see young people have the opportunity to succeed and to have a posititve enviroment to succeed and grow!!! I love the kids and the game!!
    Beleive me I am humble and VERY THANKFUL to the LORD ABOVE to be fortunate enough to help support our student athletes and to give back to my community. I wish more people sometimes would step up to the plate and lets try to give our youth something positive by supporting things for our youth in our communtities. THEY NEED US!!!!
    Thanks again!!! :thumbup:

7. Coach Tuck

Coach Tuck Full Access Member

I would also like to say Thank You to Bruce Moore for stepping up to the plate for this tournament. There was alot of hard work to pull this tournament off. If anyone could have seen the field after Sunday night you would have thought there was no way we could have played any day this week. Thanks again Bruce for all you have done for our program, and I look forward to next years tournament.

8. throwtheheat

throwtheheat Full Access Member

Butler JV versus North Meck JV (4/5)

Pick up game against an undefeated North Meck squad.

Butler JV - 3
    NM JV - 2

Both teams played very well defensively....until....the top of the 7th, with 2 outs and Butler speedsters on the corners, Butler took advantage of a botched pick off to first base. Butler SS Derek Blanton scored from first to plate the go-ahead run. Butler pitcher Matt Robinson held NM to 3 batters in the bottom of the 7th to secure the win....

It was nice to face NM JV with a full and healthy Butler JV team.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  9. DCbaseball

DCbaseball Superman

Davie v.s. West Forsyth

Brian King (so) of Davie County pitched a 1 hitter as Davie's jv 10 run ruled West 10-0 in five innings. Brian pitched an outstanding game, and Davie got big hits all day from their hitters.

That puts Davie's record at 11-1, and their only loss was after beating themselves against west earlier in the year.

Good job Brian !!

10. throwtheheat

throwtheheat Full Access Member

Butler JV vs. Providence JV (4/6)

An excellent night for a pick up game at the new Butler stadium!!!

Butler JV - 9
    Prov JV - 8

This was an excellent game played by both teams!! Prov went ahead in the 2nd 5 - 0 on some untimely errors by the Butler defense. Bottom of the 3rd, Butler came back strong. The scrappy dawgs continued to put the ball in play in the 3rd until the score was knotted at 5. The game would see the lead change back and forth until the bottom of the 6th when Butler went ahead for good. The Butler defense held in the 7th to secure the win!!

Good job JV Dawgs.....!