1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Kannapolis Intimidators Tourney

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BudMan, Jan 9, 2003.

1. MKR

MKR Gold Member

Kannapolis is going to tear concord apart tonight at 7:00. NO messin around tonight!

2. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Yep, it was closer than the 7-1 score though, for 1 or 2 innings.

Bartles going the distance on the mound.

Tomorrow night Kannapolis takes on Northwest in the Championship game at 7pm.

3. SpiderMan

SpiderMan Junior Member

Kannapolis - 7
    Concord - 1

Congratulations to the Wonders tonight, they played a good game and it was a well coached game on both teams part. Kannapolis used their hitting to their advantage and picked up 2 runs in the first, 1 in the third, 2 in the fifth, and 2 runs in the sixth. While scoring in 4 of the innings tonight, the Wonders only left 3 runners on base the whole night.

Brett Bartles pitched for Kannapolis and went the distance allowing 1 ER, 3 hits, while striking out 5 and only walking 2.

For Concord, Andrew Ward pitched a decent game going 5 innings, allowing 5 hits, 6 runs, and he struck out 8 while walking 4.

The game was fairly competive but Kannapolis simply hit the ball harder and hit them more with the Wonders outhitting the Spiders 6 to 3. The Spiders had some key errors that also prolonged some innings. But in the end the better team won.

Empsy Thompson called a good game and used his big hitters to bring the runners home. Bartles had 2 RBI, Smith was 2-2, 2 R, 3B.

For Concord Tripper Newsome was 1-3, RBI, Hunter Wyke 1-3, Dale Ambrosini 1-2, Andrew Ward 0-2, R.

Good Luck to Kannapolis tomorrow, I'm sure some of you NPC people expected the score to be more lopsided especially after the Northwest-Robinson game being 9-2 in favor of Northwest.

----

1:00 pm 3rd/4th

Concord v. Robinson

7:00 pm 1st/2nd
    Kannapolis v. Northwest

Last edited: Apr 22, 2003
  4. two-six

two-six yes, i carved this

Anyone got any news of the Statesville/Parkwood game at Brown today? They didn't announce it at FCS tonight (or at least not that I heard). Surely they wouldn't make the Mount V play their own JV? If they do, one thing is for sure. Us Tiger fans will feel like winners AND losers.

5. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Not to be a smart-@$$ , but in the NPC, we dont play for second place.
    Tomorrow at 7pm , Northwest Cabarrus and Kannapolis will be playing for First Place.

6. SpiderMan

SpiderMan Junior Member

I heard from one of the Kannapolis people that Statesville beat Parkwood. So I guess that Mount Pleasant Varsity will play Mount Pleasand JV tomorrow at 4:00 pm. Go Figure.

7. Wufman

Wufman Full Access Member

Statesville/Parkwood game...

Int.Coach, if Statesville beat Parkwood today, then the NPC went 3-0 against the SPC today alone...

...in fact, the NPC was 4-0 over the SPC if you count Kannapolis beating Parkwood last night...

...I don't want to sound like a smarta$$, but the NPC's dominance over the SPC really isn't surprising...

8. SpiderMan

SpiderMan Junior Member

I don't find the dominance surprising either.

Concord has one pitcher that can go out there and completely shut a team down, and that pitcher is Tripper Newsome. Remember Concord is the 7th place (last place) team in the SPC. They defeated the 1st place team in the Rocky River with the credit going to Tripper Newsome.

In tonights game it was the 3rd place team in the NPC, Kannapolis, against the 7th place team in the SPC, Concord, with their ace already pitched the day before.

Coming into this tournament Concord didn't attempt to save their aces for the final game. Concord came into the game trying to win games. They beat Mt. Pleasant with their ace and they accomplished one of their goals.

In the other semi-final, Northwest, 1st place team in the NPC played the 4th place team in the SPC, Robinson.

I don't dismiss the fact that the NPC is superior to the SPC but to use this tournament to judge the two conferences is very premature.

Today you had a 1st place NPC v. 4th SPC.
    In the other game it was 3rd NPC v. 7th SPC.

I also believe that most Kannapolis fans should be happy that a so called sorry conference SPC team beat the #1 team in the Rocky River in Mt. Pleasant.

This is not the tournament to judge the two conferences.

9. two-six

two-six yes, i carved this

Since my post earlier, I have heard from someone "in the know", and Mounts V and JV will indeed square off against one another tomorrow. I would have thought they might switch the 5/6 and 7/8 game to change that, but I guess not. In this case, do I pull for the V or JV? Oh well, I've got a winner either way. HA

I'm not sure what either NW or Kann has to throw out on the mound tomorrow, but from what I've seen so far this week, it looks to be a good game. Definitely the 2 teams playing the best ball, especially hitting, in the tourney are playing for the Championship tomorrow. Should be good.

10. Tigers

Tigers Full Access Member

Are you suggesting that Concord is better than Mount which therefore means that the teams in this tournament are far superior to Mount?