1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Kannapolis Intimidators Tourney

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BudMan, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

I'm not sure who Kannapolis will throw tonight .
    One kid doesnt like to start , one kid would rather not pitch against NWC , that leaves Petty , Sherrill and Carithers.
    Thats just rumor by the way.

There are alot of scenarios if you pitch those 3 . Petty being the hardest thrower, Sherrill has sidearm with a lot of movement, Carithers is effective if the ball stays down and the defense shows up.

This may sound bias , but i would start Carithers and go as long as possible, then Petty , and if needed Sherrill just to keep NWC off balance.

Bowers is another one to throw , but seems to get roughed up early and against NWC you dont want that to happen.

I feel if Petty isnt sore and can get 3 to 4 innings thats who they will start then you got off speed left to relieve and bowers the lefty.

2. SpiderMan

SpiderMan Junior Member

-Tigers-

No, I am not suggesting that.

Mt. Pleasant is far, far, better than Concord pitching and hitting and in every aspect of the game.

Our ace threw a game that he is capable of and Concord ended up winning 2-1. If people want to call it luck then that is fine with me.

3. Tigers

Tigers Full Access Member

And by no means was I trying to downplay you guys or what you did. You won and congratulations to you. I just don't think you can assume anything about these conferences by looking at one game. If you want to do that, then go back and look at what Mount did to NWC earlier this year. Good luck to all today, this tourney has been an absolute blast and I hope it becomes an annual event.

4. AUSTIN POWERS

AUSTIN POWERS Full Access Member

I may be wrong...but I don't remember Dalton or Goodman PITCHING yet in this tourney for NWC. ;)

OH ME.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2003
  5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I love this thread....

6. Intimidator Coach

Goodman and Dalton have not pitched .

Last time these 2 teams played Kannapolis rocked Goodman early on. Dalton came in and shut kannapolis down , and the NWC bats came to life and gave Kannapolis it's worse loss this year.

7. AUSTIN POWERS

AUSTIN POWERS Full Access Member

Anyway I like what NWC has left pitching wise better than Kannapolis.;)

8. Intimidator Coach

As i have said awhile now , with K-Town you never know what your going to get each night with the youth on this team

BUT this is not the same team that NWC played before.

9. SpiderMan

SpiderMan Junior Member

Result of the 3rd/4th Place Game

Concord - 7
    Robinson - 6

Concord continued playing good baseball in a victory over rival Robinson. Concord was down 5-1 going into the bottom of the 4th, but scored two runs in each of the final three innings to knock off the Bulldogs.

Both starters Brett Clay of Robinson and Chad Dempsey of Concord struggled finding the plate with each walking 5 batters. (The small strike zone of the umpire didn't help matters either.)

Concord collected 10 hits, while Robinson got 8. Concord committed 4 errors, while Robinson committed 1.

Leading batters for Concord were: Ryan Smith 2-4, 3RBI; Andrew Ward 1-3, 2 RBI; Tripper Newsome 2-3, R.

Leading batters for Robinson were: Brett Clay 2-4, R; Enton Oliver 2-4, R; Webber 1-2, 2 R, RBI; Nate Bargeloh 1-3, 2RBI.

WP: Chad Dempsey 6IP, 7K, 5BB
    LP: Greg Miclat 1 1/3IP, 1K, 1 BB

BTW: Brett Clay ND, 4 2/3IP, 3K, 5BB

R: 001 410 0- 6 8 1
    C: 100 222 X- 7 10 4

Records: C(5-11), R(4-9)

10. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

If NWC throws their ace Dalton then they will be extremely hard to beat.That kid is the real deal.

Good luck to both teams!!!!

Has to put a smile on Gene Benfields face seeing Kannapolis and NWC in the county finals.That legion team should be loaded drawing from those two schools and several college players returning.