1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Kannapolis Intimidators Tourney

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BudMan, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Northwest 2 Kannapolis 0

Dalton started the game but left in the 4th or 5th due to being a little sick. Goodman came in and closed out the game.

This one was a good one. Kannapolis had 6 hits and left something like 8 runners on base in scoring position.

NWC had 2 hits , Garrett Sherrill pitched a complete game.

I wont even go into the TERRIBLE call made by the base umpire on a call at first that would have had us with bases loaded with One out and Daniel Smith up.

Congratulations to NWC on winning this tournament and congratulations to Nolan Patterson on being selected as the Tournament MVP . There was none better this tournament to get that award, and thats one of the best workers you will ever get to play for you. I am sure Coach Hubbard would like a whole team of Pattersons.

Kannapolis will have to take care of conference business next week . I think we get NWC again.

2. two-six

two-six yes, i carved this

That was one heckuva game tonight. I think that was 3 hits actually for NWC there Coach. None the less, Sherrill pitched a great game.

I can't argue the bad call, he sure looked safe to me and I was sitting right on 1st in the stands (and thats an unbiased opinion there). If these 2 go again, I know I'll have to make it out. Just a shame my Tigers couldn't take care of business and have been out there. Like I said in an earlier post though, the TWO BEST THIS WEEK were definitely in that game.

Hats off to the Wonders and Trojans for a great game. Not to mention getting me home in good time. 1:45 including all the tropy presentations (not much over 1:20 for gametime....WOW).

3. al_bundy

al_bundy Full Access Member

I'd just like to say what a great tournament this was, and say thanks to everyone who set it up. Also, congratulations to all the teams, it really was a great 3 days of baseball we had in Kannapolis this week. I DEFINITELY hope this becomes an annual event!

By the way, if my count is correct, Ktown pitchers threw 3 complete games and gave up a total of 8(?) hits the whole tournament. Those guys may just be hitting their stride at the right time for Ktown to make a run for the playoffs!!

4. AUSTIN POWERS

AUSTIN POWERS Full Access Member

Trojans win Intimidators Easter Tourney

Northwest Cabarrus-2

Kannapolis- 0

Great game Trojans!!!

Great pitching performance by all pitchers...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2003
  5. Wufman

Wufman Full Access Member

Northwest-2 over Kannapolis-0

AustinPowers, I'm getting kinda tired of telling you "congratulations", but you guys made the most of your opportunities and we didn't,,, plain and simple. Congrats, you have a great team, with great pitching.

Intimidator, I'm not sure the bad call at 1st base would've made any difference, but I know what you're saying. In big games, you NEVER want the umpires to "figure in" in any manner, and Kannapolis certainly had a "threat" going at the time of this bad call.

My hats off to the Trojans, and my Wonders are still in great shape if they "take care of business" in the conference.

Btw, those 3 complete games pitched by the Wonders in this tourney was by 2 juniors and 1 soph... Go Wonders!!!

6. greenballz

greenballz Full Access Member

If you think garrett is a good pitcher you should see him bowl, and also lucas is awesome at pitching because domination in the wrists is his key to success.

7. AlBDUN34

AlBDUN34 Member

haha

haha TOBEY- DEAN- FINNY, good one, haha yea i might be up there on the pitching bowling status, im not sure if i am a better bowler or pitcher, lol, peace out

8. greenballz

greenballz Full Access Member

look for ryan petty to put kannapolis on his back and get them to the playoffs.....and all he teamates to get behind him and step up: the dun, query,sunshine.

9. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

It all starts with a must win against Mooresville this tuesday.The Wonders can't afford another loss to Mooresville in the race for the final playoff spot in the conference.

10. AlBDUN34

AlBDUN34 Member

OH SON, DONT WORRY I GOT THIS!!!!!! THEY AINT GETTING NOTHIN AT THE PLATE