1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Kannapolis Post 115

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by tj21, Apr 13, 2008.

1. tools

tools Full Access Member

TJ

You and I have never met personally, but for anyone such as yourself trying to run any baseball program, & especially American Legion I salute you for your long hours of work and dedication. None of us do this for the pay. We do it for the love of the kids, our community & baseball.

No matter what anyone says the best summer baseball is still AL, God knows that our programs would be much stronger w/o SHOWCASE baseball. But that is how things roll now of days with High School age and now younger baseball players.

2. west boy

west boy Full Access Member

TJ,

It's unfortunate to hear you will no longer be with the team. I have met you several times over the past year or so. It was always great talking to you and sharing your insight and love for American Legion Baseball. I hope that you will still be at the games. I hope your back problem gets better and I hope you know you have friends in Rowan County. :biggrina:

3. govols

govols Full Access Member

Thanks to TJ21

TJ21 Many thanks for all of the hard work you put in with this team over the years. You were one of the ones that made it possible for my boys to get an opportunity to play baseball during the summers.
    And I don't envy you one bit about the back troubles. Take care of it because it will affect everything you do.
    Thanks again!

4. K-Town Rocks

K-Town Rocks Junior Member

TJ21....Hate to hear that you are stepping down from your position with the Kannapolis Legion program.You've done a great job for that program for a number of years.Look forward to still seeing you at the ballpark in the near future and hope that back gets feeling a lot better soon.

5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Thanks guys for the kind words, but we've had some great help from other volunteers too over the years. But after what I went thru w/my back in Jan, I just can't do same things I've done in past (especially what Ive done past 2 years), body just telling me to slow down.

But I definitely plan to spectate as many games as possible, and look forward to seeing you all again at the ballpark.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  6. LKNbaseballfan

LKNbaseballfan Full Access Member

Best wishes and I hope your back gets to feeling better. See you at the diamond.....:cheers2:

7. govols

govols Full Access Member

Kannapolis Post 115 Meeting Saturday March 21

I heard there was a parent meeting yesterday for parents of prospective players for this year. We were on a college visit yesterday for my son and unable to attend. Does anyone know if there is a contact or another meeting because he has an interest in trying out this year.

8. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Govols, I understand there is another meeting this Thursday March 26 @ 8:00pm, at the Post 115 Building on South Main Street.

9. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Administrative Changes

Effective immediately, Roger Bigham will assume the position of Athletic Officer for the Kannapolis American Legion baseball program,,, and Keith Goodman was elected as team Treasurer.

Just like to add that these 2 men have worked together in recent years and should do a fine job in leading the Kannapolis Legion program for years to come. Both have always been involved in youth athletics in the Kannapolis/Northwest Cabarrus HS areas for many years and they have a committment to maintain the Legion program at its highest level. Bigham has been involved in the Kannapolis Dixie Youth program and served on that league's Board of Directors for 5 years. He was also one of the key figures in bringing Pop Warner football to Kannapolis just several years ago. Goodman was initially involved in the Winecoff Youth League for many years and recently has been involved in the AAU/Travel baseball circuits for the past 10+ years. My best wishes to both men.

Will post team schedule as soon as its finalized, but I can tell you the first game is May 20.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  10. LOLLIE

LOLLIE Full Access Member

Post 115 2009 Schedule

TJ21 has been and will always remain a vital team member for post 115. If people only knew the amount of time and hard work he has put in over the years.

Kannapolis Legion Baseball Post 115 2009 Schedule

Date Home /Away Opponent

20-May Away Statesville
    21-May Home South Rowan(non)
    22-May Away Wilkes County
    23-May Away Lexington
    24-May Away Concord(non)
    25-May Away South Rowan(non)
    26-May Home Concord
    29-May Home Mocksville
    30-May Home Rowan County
    1-Jun Home Mooresville