1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lady Lightning Teams Qualified for 2011 PGF National Championship

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by amish, Jun 27, 2011.

1. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

I don't believe it took 14 hours but it was almost non-stop, 15-minutes between games. Very hot day, also. Our catcher, Bailey Cotten, caught every game; about as tough a catcher as they come.

Maybe CD can fill in the blanks here, he was the Head Coach of that team.

Maybe we had time limits, but I don't remember it that way. I do remember quite a few International Tie Breakers (not for the tournament mentioned). If it we did it wasn't as bad as it is today. It seems nowadays it's getting closer and closer to 1-hour games.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. Bones

Bones Junior Member

Congratulations to both teams and good luck as they move on to the National Championships in Califormia! Both teams have worked extremely hard and are ready to compete. Go get 'em!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  3. amish

amish Full Access Member

A good example of the inconsistencies. All PGF qualifier bracket games are HS rule, 7 innings, no time limit, IT after 9. We've played ASA qualifiers with 1:30, 1:45 time limits as well as 7 inning, no time limit, IT after 7.

I strongly believe berths to national tournaments should not be awarded based on time limited games, especially 1 hr 30 min.

4. JefferMC

JefferMC Full Access Member

I think we're terribly off topic here (so, let me add a congratulations here: Good job, ladies)...

But the first travel softball tournament my DD ever played was a WFC tournament in early 2005. The first pool game ended during the second inning due to the, get this, 1 hour 5 minute DROP DEAD time limit.
    Is it any wonder there isn't any WFC around these parts any more?

I think a 1:30 minute time limit will get you at least 5 innings 9 times out of 10. 1:45 is a gracious plenty.

5. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

While I hate time limits, I agree with the 1:45. That would be good most of the time. I would rather see a 5-inning game than a 1:15 minute timed game.

I recall my confusion during my first experience with a time limit. Someone called time out and I had to have it explained to me that the time out didn't stop the clock. Didn't make sense.

Just think how many basketball games we could get in if they cut them down to 30 minutes; with no clock stoppage on time outs. I could like that, maybe.

Anyway, congratulations to the Lady Lightning! You've got some awesome players!

6. 2 LB Mom

2 LB Mom Junior Member

Congrats to both Lady Lightning Teams! I know you will do well!!!:hurray:

7. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to this board rocks softball forum 2 LB Mom

8. fastpitchdad1994

fastpitchdad1994 Where is the GURU???

It's still around. They are going under IFA now and the pool games are still 1 hour 5 minutes drop dead & bracket games are a whopping 1 hour 10 minutes finish the inning

9. Mama Duck

Mama Duck Bless your heart.

Great Job!

Congrats on the berths!!!

10. Softball0000

Softball0000 Junior Member

Congrats to Lady Lightning Gold Team Miken

Way to go Lady Lightning and Coach Corn. Have a blast in California at Premier Nationals!