1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lake Norman Vs East Rowan (Battle of NPC)

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by LKNbaseballfan, May 24, 2009.

1. LKNbaseballfan

LKNbaseballfan Full Access Member

Cant get any better than this Lamoscolo vs. Shive and both well rested. Who holds the upper hand? Series tied at one game apiece for 2009......Give us your pick and why?

2. west boy

west boy Full Access Member

Well I'm not totally sure if Corbin will start or not. He started and went 6 over at Southwest Guilford Friday night and I know that Lomascola did not pitch Friday so he will definitely start. I feel like this is going to be a really tight game. East beat Nick last time out and they just beat Ogburn, who is supposed to be one of the state's best. East is really playing well right now. Should be a great game, can't wait to see it.

3. BaSeBaLlLoVeR11

BaSeBaLlLoVeR11 Full Access Member

Lomoscolo didnt have lomo type stuff in his last outting..... he got the job done but it wasnt his best.... so he's do for a stud performance... it should be interesting..... my bet says shive will pitch he shut lake norman down, lake norman hit troutman and laws pretty well in the 1st matchup... if i was hightower and i lost, i would want to know they beat my stud(shive) then regret not throwing him and be sitting on the couch while lake norman moves on.

Another thought lake norman has won the 2nd and 3rd round games with timely hitting. they arent swinging the bats to their potential, but their getting the job done.

Plus how many times has East Rowan seen Lomo in the last 2 years?

I would love to see a nick corbin matchup again and let the best team win....

The NPC will be represented well with either team.

4. OurPasttime713

OurPasttime713 Full Access Member

I think it's hard to argue that both of these teams deserve to be this deep in the playoffs. These are the two best teams from this portion of the bracket and I'm excited to see how they fare against one another.

No disrespect to the Tuscola/N Buncombe winner, but I expect the winner of this game to represent the West in the state championship series.

5. tools

tools Full Access Member

Where will it be played?

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Great question. I have to assume LN because they are the higher seed.

I pick Lake Norman to win for an obvious reason. LN was tremendous in supporting Coach Evans' Support the Troops with baseball/softball equipment. They really stepped up with their help and there are many people to thank at LN...and Mooresville. I will post a formal thank you later, but for this reason alone, I must go with Lake Norman.

7. BaSeBaLlLoVeR11

BaSeBaLlLoVeR11 Full Access Member

It will be played on Tuesday the 26(tomorrow) at lake norman high school at 7pm.

8. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Ever since the first time I saw Lake Norman beat East Rowan during the early part of the reg.season, I figured LN had to be the team to beat in the NPC. As I saw more of their "other" pitchers, I now think they have enough to win the state.

With that said, Lake Norman admittedly probably are NOT hitting the ball like they once were,,,,,,, and East Rowan just rung up 16 runs on a very good Parkland team and 9 more runs on Ogburn (SWG),,, so East is playing very well right now. Both of these teams are very well coached, and I'd love to see this a best of 3, but its not. In one game anything can happen and I won't be a bit surprised to see East go TO THE LAKE and win, but I'm thinking (simply because of a fresh Lomascola), Lake Norman wins in a close one.

Btw, Shive "did" pitch 6 Friday night, but although he may not start, I expect to see him at some point.

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

After much deliberating with my Ronco Dr. Methusda Crystal ball it his revealed two names as heroes in this contest:

Lomo and Tyler Lewis. Don't ask me why and I have no dog in this fight; I'm just the messenger

10. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

My Ronco Guess-O-Matic is in the shop. Somethings wrong with it. I had Rocky Mount & Ragsdale in the championship series. Damn that Ron Popeil!

Anyways, I'm on my own. Nick Lomascola shuts down East Rowan, 4-0!