1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Last week of NW4A regular season... (2-10-04 and 2-13-04)

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by bigdan, Feb 7, 2004.

1. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

So after all that I was right, East Burke did win! I NEVER, not one time said ANYWHERE in my post that Watauga was a bad team. IF you can find that in my post please show that to me! Just because I predict another team to win does not mean I am implying another team is BAD. Let me ask you this, when I predicted McDowell to beat ACR in another thread, do you think I was implying ACR was a BAD team? NO, don't be so defensive about my statements. I just felt that East Burke had the better team and would win the game. If I felt Watauga was a bad team I would have said so. I know how close you played ACR, and I respected your teams ability. So get off your little high horse, and stop reading things into what I write.

2. nw4a_rules

nw4a_rules Member

no disrespect intended for your girls... i think we all know how good they are this year relative to years past... and i don't think a fan who has seen them compete would tell you they quit... those girls play hard all the time... never ever quit... they are in a tough conference... if you followed all the posts on this and other boards, you would see that several folks picked watauga to upset someone this season... east, south... probably not the top 3, and maybe not south with their play of late, but folks were expecting an upset...

it seems that you are very proud of your team, and rightly so... i am convinced they have come a long way, and have played on a different level... early in the season i recall a ref saying they would finish the season 4th in the conference... while i didn't agree, i knew they were better, and folks have noticed...

by the way, reynolds presses the whole game pretty much night in and night out... the score doesn't matter... the only times i have seen them stop is if they are up by 30 in the 4th quarter, or if they are playing a half court trap, which they did hurt watauga with as well... they mix it up, but that team never stops pressing... just the way the stay on their toes i guess... seems like they do it to get their tempo and not allow teams to get in a good offensive rhythm... not b/c they are scared of losing if they stop pressing... it is their style of play and has been for 3 years... nothing new...

3. Fenwayfan

Fenwayfan Full Access Member

SURE = Indisputable

Predicted = Forecast

Two very different meanings - Two very different implications

4. reynoldsrocks23

As a matter of fact, if you would take the time to follow this and other message boards you would know that I said and I quote "McDowell will beat ACR tonight, I have no doubts in my mind", that looks like a pretty indisputable statement to me. I even went on to "forcast" a final score of McDowell winning, so I made both an indisputable and a forcast statement in the same thread. You are just a rookie on these boards and really don't know what you are talking about. The other people who have followed these boards know that I respect all the teams in this conference and would not disrespect any of them.

5. Fenwayfan

Fenwayfan Full Access Member

Well then this rookie is glad that you are SURE about your complete dominance of these boards and the NW4A and I PREDICT you will continue to make such enlightening luminous statements on the inferiority of other peoples opinions.

6. wncsprt

wncsprt Full Access Member

east burke 81 2 ot
    watauga 80

7. reynoldsrocks23

So I was right.....East Burke won. I have been catching a lot of grief over the fact I was sure that East Burke would win, and for some reason, I am right. Now had I been wrong, I could understand people blasting me, but the fact I am right, doesn't seem like anyone could complain about my statement. Oh well, I guess people just don't like my opinion about how games will come out, but I am going to say I am SURE MCDowell will beat Freedom tonight. Now Freedom, don't take that personal, I don't think you are a bad team, I just think McDowell is better tonight!

8. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

mcdowell-freedom

The lady titans beat the patriots 73-47 tonight. An embrassing game for the lady patriots. It was close at the half but mcdowell came out on fire in the 3rd. This sets the stage for the big rematch with reynolds friday night. It should be a good one

9. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

hard to predict

Wow, after following these two teams all year i wouldn't dare say mcdowell will win for sure friday night. I hope your right but acr has a great team and mcdowell will have to play their best game of the year to win. Either way it should be a five point final.

10. SpaRtAnFaN04

SpaRtAnFaN04 Junior Member

South Caldwell 53
    AC Reynolds 56