1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Last week of NW4A regular season... (2-10-04 and 2-13-04)

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by bigdan, Feb 7, 2004.

1. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Congrats to South Caldwell for playing a great game tonight. ACR, although they didn't shoot well, might have been looking ahead a little to McDowell. I am by no means saying South Caldwell didn't have something to do with ACR's play tonight, but ACR didn't look like themselves at all! Oh well, Friday night is the night......at least ACR has clinched a tie, their first in their history while in the NW4A, nice accomplishment!

2. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Tony, to be honest, Freedom played a good game tonight. They just didn't have enough power to hold even with McDowell. Barrier played her tail off, she probably scored close to 20 points. Scruggs also had a good game, IMO. She was hitting 3's tonight, that impressed me. No disrespect to Tara Tate, but Freedom looks like a different team without her. I think the other players like Scruggs and the others were depending too much on Tate and Barrier. Now that Barrier is the only threat out there, the role players have no choice than to be more aggressive. If Tate can somehow come back and they can continue to play offense like they did tonight, Freedom could make a lot of noise in the postseason.

For McDowell, they are looking more and more better as time goes on and they are hot going into Friday Night's matchup for the Conference Championship against Reynolds. BTW, congrats to Reynolds with tonight's win they claim at least a share of the regular season championship. Kiser once again played well inside. She is getting to the loose balls much better than say a month ago. Atkinson and Lovik are playing good but there is always room for improvement. Anna's shot is looking much better than what we saw a few weeks ago, and tonight they're starting to fall. Watch out, if she keeps getting hot from outside, somebody may get torched come playoff time.

3. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Thanks Bigdan for the congrats. Reynolds has worked hard this year, and I know these girls aren't satisfied with a tie so, Friday at McDowell should be fun! I know ACR usually doesn't have a lot of success down there, but who knows stranger things have happened!

4. bigdan

It's been awful quiet around here for the last 24 hours? Does anybody want to make a prediction for tomorrow night's games? Can East Burke defeat Freedom, and can McDowell get revenge on Reynolds, and cause a share of the NW4A Championship?

BTW, I heard on the news tonight that WLOS plans on coming to Marion to cover the Reynolds/McDowell showdown...I guess they don't have anything to do over at the TV Station? :sleep:

5. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

mcdowell-reynolds prediction

Bigdan, you want a prediction so i'll give it a shot.Because they're playing at the silverdome and because the lady titans will be out to avenge their lose at acr i predict McDowell 72 Reynolds 66 also I believe east burke will upset freedom 62-55.what do you think?

6. bigdan

McDowell is playing good right now, and you know they'll want revenge. With it being in Marion, I look for McDowell to pull it off, 69-60. Even without Tate, I still think Freedom has enough power to win. It may turn into a shooting contest between Leah Barrier and Ashlei Helton. I'll take Freedom, 72-60

7. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

I'm still concerned about rebounding, but I believe McDowell will take advantage of this stage. I'm not even going to bother with a score but look for Atkinson to have a huge game and pull the Lady Titans through in a close one. Somebody is going to have to do a defensive job on Alexander, and if Reynolds wins this game then take your hat off because they are for real. I know they are for real anyway but this is playoff type atmosphere. I can't wait!

8. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

ACR-McDowell will turn into an instant classic just like the Freedom-McDowell boys game...McDowell 76, ACR 74 OT

I heard today that Tara Tate may dress tomorrow and play limited minutes, if so, it will give the Lady Patriots a serious edge of confidence (Kinda like the Willis Reed thing for the 1970 NY Knicks) and will definitely win vs East Burke. Freedom 67....East Burke 59

9. bigdan

yeah, I hope the McDowell crowd can equal the intensity of the Freedom game. unfortunately, I will not be there. Just one last thought before the game today, with it being Senior Night at McDowell, I'll be courious to see how long we go with our seniors on the court. If we start our seniors, more than likely our starting five will be Atkinson, Revis, Patrice Smith, Dawn Cable and Christina Bruington. In the first matchup, Christina was the only inside player that played good for McDowell. If she can come out and play well to start, then Mike might stay with her a little longer than the others. That will be interesting to see how that pans out.

10. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

Is Savannah Buchanan also a senior? I might would save the senior thing until the tournament.