1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lastest College Signees

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by dr.enuf, Apr 25, 2007.

1. The Captain

The Captain Full Access Member

Don't forget Aaron King is going there (Surry) not to mention 3 players from SC( Severt, Clawson and I think Shehan)

2. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Surry CC

Coach Tucker was at our game the other night against Southern Alamance. He is recruiting Thomas Sappelt from SA. If they get Sappelt WOW! They already have a ridiculous class coming in. After meeting Coach Tucker I can see why he gets the kids he does. Nothing but pure class and as down to earth as you can get.

3. Coach36

Coach36 Full Access Member

Agreed Coach 27. I had the pleasure of coaching with Coach Tucker and can say first hand that he is a class act. He does a great job with all the players he gets, and if I were a player I would want to play in that program. Coach Vernon is also a great guy, with tons of knowledge as well. I haven't had the opportunity to meet the new recruiting coordinator, but I have heard numerous good things about him as well. I'm very pleased to hear that they have a great class coming in.

4. pirates06

pirates06 Full Access Member

Over looked player

Alex Hill from Vance hasn't signed with anyone yet. He has recieved offers from North Carolina Central and North carolina A&T. I am very surprised that he hasn't heard from any other schools. This kid is being seriously over looked by schools and the Coach is trying very hard to get schools to notice.

5. Gman13'sdad

Gman13'sdad Full Access Member

Wondering about some guys in the mid state area

There are some good players around that I haven't heard about commitments from...
    David Shambley-Green Hope, JB Brewer-Lee Co., Corey Carver-Fuquay, Joatham McClamb-W. Johnston, Jerod Kernodle-Orange, Nick Williams-Garner
    There are some good arms and some pop still out there.

6. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Great List

I will second that one Gman. Shambley and Mclamb are two of the better catchers around. Both are excellent behind the plate but can also hit and with power. All the other guys you mentioned are outstanding players. Kernodle is one of the best pitchers in the state. Pitches in the upper 80's and bumps 90. He has a great cb as well and he competes with the best of them. I dont know what his career record is but I do know when he is on the hill Orange just doesnt lose very often. No one wants to see this kid in the playoffs I can tell you that.

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

This one completely shocks me. One of the best players in the state. If Alex had played for On Deck, SCP or Dirtbags, he would be highly exposed and signed a long time ago.

If a school is looking for a position player with a great bat, don't pass on this one...he is a steal.

8. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

And that's why kids play (or should play) travel or something similar.

9. CHIMIKE3

CHIMIKE3 Full Access Member

another whs player signs....

senior dalton hardee has signed with mars hill college.

10. yankees

yankees Full Access Member

I 2nd that

Braves, i agree wholeheartedly. this kid can hit. Somebody will make a late steal on this kid. some coaches are sleeping on this one. :sleeping2: