1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Legion Prediction Time

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by DownSouth, Aug 1, 2004.

1. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

I agree with Kannapolis, Pleasure Is, Caldwell, and Shelby winning Rd 1... I figure everyone is going with their #1 pitcher in the first game which leads me to believe someone is going to be upset...

so my upset special... Garner knocks off the Shelbyites. I know it is difficult to beat a team on their home field, but Shelby lost a heart breaker in game 5 of the Area 4 semis to Pineville and thats hard to come back from too. Shelby's bats have got to step it up, or they are in trouble.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2004
  2. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

i'll take
    Kannapolis to still win it all....

but the first round winners will be

Kannapolis ( blow-out )

Garner (this isnt going to be an upset) They are pretty good

Caldwell

Greensboro ( why ? :thinking: i dont know either )

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Who has the best pitchers (4 deep) ?

4. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Braves, a couple weeks ago, I would've told you hands-down that Greensboro probably had the best overall pitching in the state. But then Kannapolis scored 36 runs against them in a 3 game sweep,,,,, so go figure...:huh:

5. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

I was as shocked as anybody at the Greensboro/Kannapolis series but in Greensboro's defense I'll say this. Their number one pitcher, Chad Baker did not pitch and hasn't had a start since the first round due to a sore elbow. One inning of relief against Rowan County has been his only recent action. I hope he is well rested and ready to go for the State Tourney although the layoff may have him rusty instead.

Trevor Mullins a hard throwing rising junior pitched well in game one but errors and Blake Kettner made sure that was a loss for Greensboro. Justin Brown was a 3A allstate pitcher ( like Baker) and also was victimized by untimely errors in game three. Game two ( the 22 run blowout ) was a :huh: game. Coach Simmons threw a bunch of bullpen pitchers out there and you saw the result.

Jake Kensmoe, a lefty is usually the fourth starter but never saw the mound against Kannapolis. He had a great season for Ragsdale and most of the legion season but struggled his last two outings against Winston ( a loss) and Rowan County ( a win).

Greensboro DOES have great starting pitching if Baker can pitch but they better find a way to cut down errors in the field if they hope to have a chance.

my first round predictions

Greensboro ( I'm a homer - what can I say)
    Kannapolis
    Caldwell County
    Garner ( my pick to win it all)

and it's looking doubtful I will make any games in Shelby so updates will be greatly appreciated.

6. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Wossa, i think there is a link to a radio broadcast in one of these threads...

7. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Wossa, try www.theboss.us ,,,, this is a Shelby radio station that I understand will be broadcasting each and every game live.

8. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

I'll still take Post 82 playing at home. When you have a player like Josh Izicovic batting 9th good things happen. I think Jamie Ray will have some huge games, and the pitching of Tyler Trice and Daniel Folk can really carry this team. And I still think it gives Shelby a nice advantage playing at home.

Was driving by Cleveland Community College tonight and saw the teams leaving the gathering they were having for the teams.

Hope everybody enjoys their time here in Shelby, and please feel free to spends lots and lots of money while you are here.

9. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Smashmouth, I agree with you completely about Shelby. I don't see them as a darkhorse at all, hell I think they have a very good chance in this tournament. They have strong pitching, an overall good ballclub and (most of all) a tremendous homefield advantage with a very loud crowd. Any team will definitely have to play their A-game and maybe even get some breaks to knock off Shelby this week.

With that said,,, I just quite can't make myself pick them to win it all, due to another "certain" hot team in this tournament.... :D

10. Papabear

Papabear Full Access Member

Downsouth, do you know if Josh Bentley is returning to LR for his sophomore season? Heard he was transferring to an NAIA school in Florida that recruited him in high school. The outfield at LR was pretty well sewed up last year, and probably will be for the next two years. Can't blame him for going to another school if he's looking for more playing time. He's got a good arm.