1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Legion Records

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by tj21, Jul 19, 2006.

1. tj21

tj21 Moderator

If anyone has any Legion records which are being set this summer,,,, please share them here. I read where Fulginit lit up the Area 4 batting average record this summer, maybe someone can share specifically what his average was, and tell us if his average was a state record, or was it just an Area 4 record.

My question is this for all you baseball gurus out there, does anyone know the North Carolina Legion state record for team homeruns? We've got posters from all the legion powerhouses on this message board, so hopefully someone would know this. Kannapolis shattered our team record (36 by the 2004 team) this summer as this years' team has now hit 62 homeruns and hopefully its still counting. Does anyone know if there's ever been another legion team to hit more than 62 in recent history? I don't imagine the older teams who used wood came close to 62 as a team. Just asking. Thanks.

2. HITBYAPITCH

HITBYAPITCH Junior Member

STATE RECORD NATIONAL RECORD

GARNER'S POST 232 1999 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM HIT 125 HOMERUNS THAT YEAR....

BUT 62 IS ALSO GREAT WITH -3 BATS. GARNER USED -5 TO HIT THAT MANY..... :agreed:

3. 3ABaseballFan

3ABaseballFan Full Access Member

Homerun Record

I don't really know what the record is but Shelby Post 82 had 66 last summer. Josh Drewery and Dusty Quattlebaum had 37 between the two of them.

4. tj21

tj21 Moderator

125???

Well, I didn't ask this question to start something, I'm merely interested because a lot of folks have told me that our 62 is almost unbelievable. I guess Shelby's 66 is our target now.

HitbyaPitch, honestly I don't mean to question you, heck I'm happy for the 99 Garner team if they hit 125, but instead of just throwing out a number, can you give me any totals on their better hitters? I mean I can only remember a VERY FEW legion players over the last 28 years who have hit 20+ homeruns in a season, and yet for a team to hit 125 they must have several players with these mammoth stats.

Can you give us more info, maybe their best 3-4 hitters and some numbers. Maybe JM15 can help with info on the 99 Garner team. Thanks guys.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  5. HITBYAPITCH

HITBYAPITCH Junior Member

I THINK JERRY (jm15) WAS THE ONE THAT DID THE BOOKS THAT YEAR. HE MAY KNOW THE BOYS NAMES AND THE NUMBER EACH ONE HIT....
    AND IF YOU LOOK AND SEE I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR TWO YEARS AND THIS WAS MY FIRST POST. I KNOW YOU DONT KNOW ME, BUT I DO NOT "BS" JUST TO TALK OR BRING UP AN E-FIGHT ON A THREAD, YOU ASKED AND I ADVISED.. 62 OR 66 IS GREAT AND I WOULD BE HAPPY TO SEE GARNER HIT THAT NOW..... SORRY FOR POSTING.. I GUESS I WILL LET THE BRAINS TALK ON HERE....
    :1peekdoor

6. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Hitbyapitch,,,, I'm sorry if I came across wrong, but just posting 125 with no names,,,,,,, well I guess that number was just a tad more than I expected to hear. Again sorry.

7. CCSNews

CCSNews Full Access Member

plz see attached

Attached Files:

8. tj21

tj21 Moderator

CCSNews,,,, thanks for sharing that, Max and his brother are both great ballplayers.

9. neckball

neckball Full Access Member

I was told Sean Cotten (Lake Norman HS) tied the Mooresville home run record this season with 11.

10. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

tj I know back in the day here in Kernersville Alec Zumwalt and Nick Wedemeyer hit quite a few bombs between them....I dont have exact numbers but I thought I heard that Alec hit at least 20-25 one year by himself.....just thought I'd post