1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Legion Rivalry

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by baseballer1988, Jun 1, 2005.

1. 29ers fan

29ers fan Full Access Member

Yeah I had heard from the comish that Area 1 was only going to be able to send one team to the state. Also the Stae Comish Roy Waters did say it was okay for Area 4 to send 2 teams.

2. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Thanks,,,,,,,,, thats great news for the better teams in Area 4...

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Not true DownSouth...just the arguing. I love the environment of legion ball played in the communities. After one poster described what it is like to play for South Caldwell, that got my interest.

and you are absolutely right. There is not a showcase tournament around that comes close to matching the intensity of a rival legion game...but then again, that's not what showcasing is about. I'm looking forward to coming to a SC game up there this summer, as well as taking up tj's offer in attending a Kannapolis/South Rowan game. Good luck to both teams!!!

4. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

You struck that nail right on top of the head. The Shelby, Cherryville, Caldwell County rilvary is hard to beat when it comes to Legion ball.

5. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

Will you legion veterans explain to us legion newbies how the legion playoffs work? Do most of the teams qualify - is it a progression of two-out-of-three series to get to the final 8, etc., etc.?

Without trying to start anyting here that belongs in the legion vs. showcasing thread :biggrina: it looks to me like players and families are up in the air about their schedule for at least the whole month of July and potentially on into August.

Sure makes it tough to plan a vacation. :massage:

6. 29ers fan

29ers fan Full Access Member

Yes all of the teams qualify for at least the first round. Right now though I am having trouble trying to rember but I think it is best out of 3 for the first two rounds, and then for the finals it is a best out of 7 I do know that.

7. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

:229031_ha That means i'm gona maybe get to meet Braves..

8. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Braves, just a word of advice,,,, if you do make it to a Kannapolis/South Rowan game this summer,,,, you should know that IntimidatorCoach is the "enemy"... :mdrbig:

And Dodgerblues,,, I don't know if all 4 Areas have the same exact dates & formats, because (for some reason) I believe some areas are a tad different. But this Area 3 schedule will give you a general idea of how it works...

Area 3 Playoffs begin...
    1st round June 24,,, best 3 of 5
    2nd round July 1,,, best 3 of 5
    3rd round July 8,,, best 4 of 7
    Area 3 Championship series July 17,,, best 4 of 7
    State Championship July 29@ Cherryville,,, final 8 teams, double elimination

***Most legion families can start thinking about vacations around early July. Only the final 8 teams around the state will be playing in area championship series beginning July 17, and these are the same 8 teams that will be playing in the state tournament at Cherryville...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2005
  9. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

wait.. I thought Braves was coming to watch the SR legion team play?
    That makes TJ21 the enemy.. :imagestor

10. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Intimidator,,,, I've already offered to let him in free and feed him Kannapolis hotdogs for supper,,,, so I will ASSURE YOU he's pulling for Kannapolis.

Now,,, if you want him to pull for South,,, you need to ante up...

---------------------------

Braves, I get 15% if you get a better deal... :ylsuper: