1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Legion Rivalry

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by baseballer1988, Jun 1, 2005.

1. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

I'm hearing Kannapolis is bidding on the legion state championship for 2006.Hope they are able to secure it.It would be played at Cannon Stadium(Intimadators) if Kannapolis is fortunate enough to secure it.We should know something on this in the very near future.

2. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Yank,,,, we should actually find out this week.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2005
  3. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

TBR Road Trip Set for June 14

That settles it then -- better hotdogs and full squads at K-town on the 14th. The TBR bus will be there with Braves, NCBBallFan and bus driver DB, and we'll be meetin' up early with rcb, tj21 and Intimidator Coach. Lookin' for TBR posters from all over to join us, and tj is gonna reserve us the best seats in the house!

4. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Well i guess we will have to order out for HotDogs in Kannapolis..

See ya'll then... just let me know what time if we are going to meet a little early Tj

5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Looks like Round 1 of the Kannapolis/South Rowan rivalry went to Ktown last night. Garrett Sherrill pitched a complete game 5-hitter, as well as losing pitcher Daniel Moore for South. But Ktown was able to jump out to a 4-0 lead and hold on for the win.

Btw guys, some of you have mentioned meeting before the next Kann/South game,,, I won't be able to meet before the game, but some of you need to PM me and let me know how to catch up with you during the game.

:welcome:

p.s. Will the TBR bus be clearly marked??? :bananalam

Last edited: Jun 9, 2005
  6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

tj...no need to worry about the markings of the TBR bus. Believe me, when the TBR clan arrive, you will notice that the Concord community has taken a turn for the worse.

..and the 14th is great. I guess I'll have to dust off my wallet.

Man...IC and tj in the same house...this is going to be fun!!!!!!!

7. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

OK Guys, the 14th is tomorrow. We've got to get out of town before all that awful traffic, so I'm pickin Braves up at 4:00 or so and heading North. :drive: (And since I know IC won't want me to go over the speed limit, we've got to allow more time than usual.)

NC, is there anywhere along the way we can pick you and Mrs. NC up? RC, where can we meet you? I figure we can get somethin to eat in K-Town before we go to the stadium (now that I re-read IC's post about the boiled hamburgers and hotdogs).

Somebody recommend a good local establishment where the people are as good as the food! Maybe IC will meet us -- sound like we won't see tj until the game. Any other posters want to meet in K-Town, we'll have a great time tellin lies and debatin balks and touchin bases and such. Any other Charlotte posters can ride along, too, I'll take the tbr van if I need to -- it'll hold 7 of us.
    :ymca: :alien2: :conehead:

Can't wait to see the crowd and get a lesson on why this legion stuff is so special! :fan_wave2

But if some kid gets thrown out for wearin an armband I'm leavin. :splat:

8. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Best home cooked meals in 3 counties would be the Townhouse II Restaurant on Main St in K-town.
    Hollar at me later tonight or tomorrow early and we can figure something out.
    send a pm if ya like.. just dont spam me because its against the rules :imagestor

9. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Hey guys, look forward to meeting you guys at the game. Sorry I can't meet for supper. Intimidator is right about the best homecooked meals in town at Townhouse II; however, the bad news is that they close at 6pm. If you stay on 85N to the Dale Earnhardt exit, there's a lot to choose from. Cracker Barrel on the right as you exit,,, or you turn left into a huge shopping center with Logan's Steakhouse, SteaknShake, RubyTuesday's, Firehouse Subs, etc. There's a huge Sam's so you can't miss it.

So far the legion crowds have been down this year,,,, I think most folks are still vacationing and apparently waiting for playoffs. But South Rowan/Ktown always has a good close game for fans.

I'll see you guys at the game,,,,, shouldn't be difficult to find some Charlotte boys in a South Rowan/Ktown crowd. Maybe you need to bring your chewing tobacco so you'll fit in some... :biggrina:

10. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Btw bring your lawn chairs for the best seats on the hill...