1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Legion Rivalry

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by baseballer1988, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

TTime---who do I ask for when I come to the concession. I can promise you that Braves will eat a HD and Hamb....I'm a concession "coniswewer"..sorry, not good with foreign words and I'm looking forward to the hospitality.

...and don't mind IC. He is what makes a great rivalry!!!!

2. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

Braves -- Send me a pm with your cell phone number. I've lost the dern thing.

3. tj21

tj21 Moderator

SPECIAL guests at Kannapolis Veteran's Field tonight as NCBBALLFAN, BRAVES and DODGERBLUES all made a TBR road trip to the Kannapolis/South Rowan legion baseball game. RCBBFAN and INTIMIDATORCOACH were also there.

It was great finally meeting all you guys, and hope you Charlotte (and Huntersville) guys had a nice trip to our little town of Kannapolis...

Oh yea,,,, btw Ktown won the game 8-7... :victoryg:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2005
  4. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

tj .... great to see you again, along with other old friends. Pass along my thanks for the warm welcome to Mr's Ketner & Query.

... geez your youngen can play !!!!! We've all known that for 8-9 years, but there must be something in the water. He's as strong as a bull now !!!

IC: I'll be seeing you again soon.

Got a free ticket to the game, a free taxi ride up there and a free meal off DB. Next time maybe I should hold out for a limo.
    :spacecraf

5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

NCBBALLFAN, thanks for your comments, I'll pass it along. Let me know when the next road trip is...

6. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

Great TBR Road Trip

We had a great time in Kannapolis last night. Thanks to tj21, Intimidator Coach and rcbfan for hosting our trip. (Yeah I know that two of them are South Rowan guys).

After getting a late start in Charlotte and missing our turn in K-Town :confused: we got on our phones and finally found our way to the Townhouse II restaurant. The fine folks there were nice to keep the doors open a little late for us, and the meal alone was well worth the trip.

Braves, NCBBallFan and I :stooges: met IC and rcb :peacemanm :hatpimp2: for dinner, and we all feasted on the country style steak and homemade mashed potatoes. The sweet tea was good, too. And the banana pudding, well, that was excellent. The only bad thing was the meal filled us up so much we couldn't eat a hotdog later at the game. (Sorry TTIME.)

Then we headed over to AL Brown high school. What a great venue for American Legion baseball. The hill provides a natural stadium-like setting, with a lot of good spectator viewing area. While the crowd was small by Kannapolis standards :invasion::invasion::invasion::invasion:
    it was much bigger than the legion crowds we see around Charlotte. And they really got into the game when it got tight at the end.

All the Kannapolis folks were as nice to us as they could be, and we arrived with South fans! We spent some time with tj21 :joker: and we also got to meet TTIMEnktown :burgerfli and ktownyankee :hatpimp:. It is really great the way the community comes out to support the team. We just don't have anything like that in the city.

The baseball was great. The game was well-played and very exciting, with KTown pushing across the winnng run in the bottom of the ninth. There were lots of good prospects on both teams, and the players competed hard but fairly. Even the umpiring was excellent! :seuss::seuss: The kind of umps you don't notice until the game is over and you realize what a great job they did. This was a big rivalry game, but there didn't appear to be any ill will between the players.:schlacht:

We had a great time. Thanks to tj21, IC and rcb and to all the fine folks in Kannapolis.

We'll be back at playoff time. And when we tell our young'uns about all the good lookin' young ladies :woman: :woman: :woman: who sat in the concrete bleachers, I'll bet those three guys will come with us next time, too.

:aorangeha

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Great post DB...I share in your sentiments. I just wish you guys had allowed me to navigate to the restaurant. We would have gotten there much quicker.

8. TTIMEnktown

TTIMEnktown Member

Glad you guys could make it to the friendly confines of Veterans Field in Kannapolis last night. You got to see a great ballgame between two teams whos kids know each other very well. It was an exciting game that came down to the last inning. Hopefully we will see you again come playoff time.

9. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

Glad to have met some of you guys the other night at the game.It was a great game.Kannapolis is starting to make a run during the regular season and hopes to make another run in the playoffs.Hope to see you guys again during the playoffs.