1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Legion Scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NCBBallFan, May 28, 2003.

1. Wufman

Wufman Full Access Member

Thursday 7/10...
    Kannapolis beat Greensboro 5-0 last night as Lucas Dalton definitely brought his A-game and pitched a 4-hit shutout with 9 K's and only 1 walk. Game 3 is scheduled for tonight in Kannapolis with the home team holding a 2-0 series lead.

2. elonhokie

elonhokie Member

Burlington - 14
    Mocksville - 7

WP - Rivenbark
    LP - Poindexter

HR - Sappelt, Booker
    Atwood (M)

Burlington leads series 1-0
    Game 2 @ Burlington tonight

3. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

Kannapolis scores two in the bottom of the 9th to defeat Greensboro 4-3 and sweep the three game series 3-0.

Nolan Patterson gets the win and Marcus Smith gets the game winning hit.

Kannapolis next plays in round 4 of the playoffs on wednesday against either Kernersville or South Rowan.

The winner of the Kannapolis vs. Kernersville or South Rowan gets an automatic bid to the state championship.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2003
  4. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

Kernersville-- 13
    South Rowan 5

WP: R. Landis
    LP: Moore

note: Norwood 4 for 5 (K)
    Morgan 4 for 4 (SR)

Kernersville leads the series 2-1 and can wrap it up with a win tomorrow night as Ryan Basham takes the hill

5. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

not to mention 1 arrest after the game . Possession of a concealed weapon on school property.. i guess thats what the charge would be.. It looked like a fancy box cutter to me.

Kannapolis didnt quit . Congrats .

6. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

Coach...I'm guessing this was a Greensboro fan.Am I correct?

7. MKR

MKR Gold Member

there was a woman from greensboro that wouldnt not shut up the entire series! i have to say she was a good fan until the game winning hit tonight.....then she stormed down the hill after the umpires. The woman was a loon. Im glad the series is over with b/c she annoyed the mess out of everyone. she started the "almost a fight" at the top of the stands after the game.the umpires had to duck in the concessions on the way out b/c of the greensboro parents! They were actually tryin to get in the concession stands and get the umpires!!!! had a whole lotta sore loser parents. but anyways good series and 2 great come fom behind wins in the 9th for Kannapolis.

8. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Yes Yankee, it was a younger Greensboro fan .
    2 of the Greenboro fans , one being a parent of a Greensboro player were involved in the concession stand incident also. The police asked them if they had any weapons in their pockets , and the parent of the Greensboro player emptied his with nothing . The younger fan approx. 18 years old said he had nothing , but when the officer checked his pockets , a 6-8 inch razor knife was pulled out. Eventually they handcuffed the fan and away to the jail they went.
    This was the first 501 game i have seen all year and it really was a good game to watch. The 501 players never gave up . The Greensboro players and fans should have went ahead and took defeat with dignity instead of all the yelling , cursing and the eventual arrest. ( Like all that was going to change the outcome of the game)
    Were the umpires all that bad? Yes, but they were pretty close both ways. I know the plate ump fairly well and he has no bias towards any teams at all. I guess to sum it all up , Greenboro should have scored more runs and not made so many errors .

9. elonhokie

elonhokie Member

Burlington - 6
    Mocksville - 5

WP - Robertson
    LP - Crotts

HR - Jordan (B) (2 run job which proved to be the game winner in the bottom of the 8th)

Burlington leads the series 2-0:cool:

10. cc12501

cc12501 Full Access Member

Pineville 11
    Huntersville 1

WP- Clay

Pineville wins the best-of-five series 3 games to 1, and will play the Charlotte vs. Gaston Braves winner in a best-of-seven game series.