1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Legion Scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Village Idiot, May 21, 2004.

1. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

Mooresville 9
    S. Rowan 7

Got to meet Intimidator Coach and rcbbfan at the game. It was good game with some late inning drama to go along with it. Carrithers for South and Johnson for Mooresville looked solid on the hill. Ballard and Harris homered for the Moors.

Good luck the the Falcons of W. Rowan vs. E. Randolph in the play-offs! :xyzthumbs

2. NSRCarolinasbaseball

NSRCarolinasbaseball WNC Area Scout

A client called tonight to say his son, B.J. Perry, catcher at Owen HS and McDowell Post 56, hit three HR in the game. Actually, it was a HR in each of the first three innings of the game, if that's ever been done before. I do not remember the score, as I was negotiating the I-85 traffic between Charlotte and Gastonia at the time, but I believe it was something like 18-3 over Burke County, which was coming off a win over Cherryville.

Watch out for Perry. He's just a junior and made Region 8 State Games. The coaches moved Levi Wright (North Henderson, State Games 2003) out into the field to make room for Perry behind the plate. We've got his pop time down from 2.0. He threw a 1.9 at State Games tryouts last weekend and I clocked him at 1.85 in gunning a Pisgah runner out at second in real-game situation.

B.J. has four of the five tools: He batted .521 for Owen this season and led the team with HR (I believe it was 7), so there's average and power to go along with that arm. Fielding, he's one of the best out there. Rarely does a pitch go to the backstop. Slides side-to-side well and is big enough (5-11, 190) to cover the catcher's box well.

The only tool he doesn't have is speed. But then again, Johnny Bench couldn't run worth a damn either, and he's in the Hall of Fame.

Last edited: May 28, 2004
  3. Squid

Squid Full Access Member

Pineville 24... Charlotte 4

Key highlights: Middle-linebacker Charles Vartanian led the Pineville defense while wide receiver Logan Smith took a deep route for a quick first quarter score. Quick hits by fullback Bobby Northrup found holes in the Charlotte front line and Pineville pounded out the victory going away.

Last edited: May 26, 2004
  4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Who is the kicker for Charlotte?....

Appears as if Pineville is loaded this year

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I hope you turned them in to your local constable...

6. Village Idiot

done...he took them straight to their baseball-aholics meeting during the 7th inning stretch...and my p-nuts got gone too.
    :laugh1:

7. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Schley Post 452 - 8
    Cary Post 67 - 7

Schley scored 2 in the top of the 9th to win. Brett Braxton shut the door on Cary in the bottom half.

Steven Newton from Cary hit a 3run HR to put them up 6-5 earlier in the game.

Cary travels to Wilson on Friday night to play Wilson @ Fleming Stadium.

8. Squid

Squid Full Access Member

Bob Caldwell has assumed all punting, kickoff and fieldgoal responsibilities. It's said he is so intense, if you turn your back on him he's gonna throw a flamethrower up the posterior. :scared2:

9. Village Idiot

Rowan Co. 4
    Mooresville 1

Not much happening at the plate for Mooresville tonite.

10. baseball11

baseball11 Full Access Member

CONCORD--5
    HIGH POINT--2

WP: BENSON (CG) 1-0
    LP: ?

HR: HATLEY (3)

CONCORD GOT A STRONG OUTTING FROM BENSON IN A COMPLETE GAME EFFORT ALLOWING ONLY 2 RUNS. HE ALSO PICKED OFF 4 RUNNERS IN THE GAME. HE HAS THROWN 20 INNINGS IN THE LAST 8 DAYS AND GIVEN UP 4 ER. CONCORD SCORED 4 RUNS IN THE 3RD INNING. CONCORD ALSO WELCOMED SS JUSTIN REIDENHOUR TO THE TEAM AFTER BEING CLEARED TO PLAY BY THE DOCTOR.