1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Legion State Tournament Teams

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by 3ABaseballFan, Jul 25, 2005.

1. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

Jim Lippard is Legion baseball. About 10 years ago, Post 8 decided to shut down the team due to finances. Jim (who already was running the baseball program) asked his fellow Legionaires to permit him to keep the team going. Since then he has solicited donations from community leaders.

Jim & his family (wife, daughters, son-in-laws, granddaughter) are at Holt Moffit stadium every night running the concessions stand, cleaning up trash, & doing anything else required. They NEVER complain or ask anyone for recoginition. Instead they faithfully do their thing behind the scene out of the spotlight. Look up the word "servant" in the dictionary & you'll find their picture.

My son has enjoyed the fruit of Lip's labor. For the past 4 years, Tyler has been part of a first class program: no player fees, all meals provided, charter buses, sharp uniforms, top notch coaching staff, & community involvement. His college education is going to be free, & a huge factor is Legion baseball.

I've expressed this to Lip many times, but we are forever in debt to him for the gift of allowing Tyler to play for Post 8. In my mind, Lexington's magical season is the Good Lord's gift to Jim. Lip endured alot of bad bad seasons...and yet he stayed at the helm because he loves kids & Legion baseball. In my eyes, he is the epitomy of the unsung hero: served his country, served his community, served his family, & served his God. He may not die wealthy, but Lip's legacy will last way beyond his lifetime.

2. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

they dont make many men like jim any more....those hot dogs aint too shabby either. good luck to post 8 !!!!

3. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

Somebody from Area IV...Shelby I hope.

4. andro

andro Full Access Member

Wow

Well said Rev. I'll be rooting for Tyler and LD this weekend. I hope that pitching holds up. You might need to see if Hunt can run out there on crutches and do the job.

I second these comments. Everything that Lexington does is first class. Obviously, starting from there management, down to there coaches, and what kind of kids they have as well. I'm your biggest fan right now.

Good Luck

5. wswball

wswball Member

UK is right on the money about Jim Lippard. From my few years of experience on the "business" side of legion ball, I can say that Lexington is and has been very lucky to have him.

A standing ovation to Jim Lippard!!!!

Good luck Griff and the rest of the POst 8 squad.

ps....maybe Griff can give the ol' "win one for the Lipper" speech.
    (sorry, I couldn't resist)

6. steelballs

steelballs Full Access Member

Listen to State Tournament Online

Is their any radio stations carrying state tournament that offer online access?

7. steelballs

steelballs Full Access Member

Any updates?

Need some updates on the games?

8. Ball-dee

Ball-dee Member

Caldwell County should do very well. They have 4 excellent pitchers along with good team chemistry and some very rabid fans. Should be a great weeekend.

9. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Last year the games were on the internet.. I dont know the web addy.
    It might be on the NC American Legion Baseball website.

10. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

730 WOHS am will have the games. Let get the address and I'll put it up here.