1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Legion State Tournament Teams

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by 3ABaseballFan, Jul 25, 2005.

1. HIGHCHEESE4

HIGHCHEESE4 Junior Member

Caldwell Chokes

Sorry, I know this is old news but my computer has been down and needed to reply....... but didn't someone mention Caldwell was prone to choking on a big one. I think I do. Hamby needs to go out and recruit someone else to the program....maybe another catcher(ooops he is legit right???) pitcher, or whatever they don't seem to have at the time. He might find somebody that can show everyone else how to remove a hairball. "IF" the rest can't figure it out and "IF" he continues to stand over on the side with his arms crossed and do nothing.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2005
  2. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

I will never understand the ignorance or jelousy of others. Gary Hamby and the Caldwell coaching staff don't need help explaining their record. But I would NEVER pass up a chance to put it out there for the world to see.

Caldwell has won back-to-back Area IV championships. That has not been done since 90-91. When it was done by... hmm let me think... CALDWELL. Let me think about something here... oh yeah Gary Hamby managed ALL 4 of those teams. And this huge wealth of talent, how many are playing D1 or in minor/major league baseball? NONE!

How many coaches have won team state championships in Caldwell Co in say the last 25 years? Jeff Parham won one playing at South Caldwell IN 1982, but theres no ZERO coaching state championships in ANY sport of any active prep coach in Caldwell Co in the last 25 years. Oh wait yes there is, Caldwell Post 29 has 3 of them.... and who managed those teams.... oh yeah, Gary Hamby.

THis year Post 29 was 34-7. Last year they were 39-9. Thats 73-16 in the last two years. And see they play such an easy schedule... no wait Shelby (they are 7-2 against them in two years), Pineville (4-1 against them in two years), and Cherryville (4-2 against them in two years) and those four teams are the best programs in North Carolina year in and year out bar none.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2005
  3. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

DownSouth, I think you edited too much. You should have busted that chump in the chops. HIs inferiority feelings have clouded his thinking.

4. TROCK

TROCK Full Access Member

DownSouth, you bring out some good points about the success of Caldwell Co. baseball. A successfull program indeed. Just one thing about Area IV Championships. Cherryville Post 100 won the Area IV championship in 1997, 1998, 1999, and 2000. Thats Back-To- Back, and Back-To- Back again. Two state Championships were won. 1997 and 1998. (World Series runner-up in 1998). Another Area IV championship was won in 2003, along with a State Championship, Southeast Regionals Championship, and another World Series Final.

5. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

Hey TRock. My mistake. I had poor intel on that note. I can honestly say I don't remember much about the mid-late 1990s legion baseball because I wasn't involved in it. When you started talking about it, I remembered that Cherryville did dominate the late 1990s and Bobby D. and Cherryville laid waste to alot of good teams. Gary Hamby left the program here in 92 and didn't come back until 99. I really didn't start becoming active in it until 2000.

When I put together the website, I tried to go back and find Area Champs and Players of the Year with little success. You have any idea how I could find that info?